Why become a member? ×

Fender Colours - Charcoal Frost - Maple Or Rosewood?

spongebob

Looking quite seriously at the pre-2012 Fender Jazz's as they are quite a steal at the mo for a US standard.

One colour which seems to be around a lot for sale is Charcoal Frost

Never seen it in the flesh.....it it just because they're not that nice, that's why the surplus?

Love to hear from/see CF pics......maple or rosewood....any pref?

Or just go for a black one instead????

We are all individuals, and I don't own one black bass anymore, and I doubt I ever will. To me, its the most boring colour on an instrument possible, UNLESS its something like black sparkle or the Musicman Sapphire Black. I actually avoid black basses now. Weird. I used to like it.

White looks much nicer IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled the trigger - got it the other day!

It's my first US standard Jazz, bought on the strength of my US standard P-bass. The colour in the flesh is excellent - I wasn't sure how it would look - but the CF/RW combo is stunning, and everyone I shown it to really goes for it too!

What can I say? Looks amazing, plays and sounds fab! If I'd had know how much better the US basses were, I wouldn't have spent time and money with the other ones.

BTW, Thomann's price has since risen a little....so get in quick if you want one at about 2007 prices!