Why become a member? ×

Imperial Drag

eddiehoffmann

You guys ever heard of this band, Imperial Drag? One of my all time favourite bands and really unknown. Eric Dover (guitars and vocals) and Roger Joseph Manning Jr. (keys and vocals) put the band together after Jellyfish called it a day in 96. Dover was recording and touring with Slash's Snakepit at the same time Imperial Drag was recording too, which obviously didn't make it easy for them to tour and promote their own album. Unfortunately they only ever released that one album and split not long after that. Joseph Karnes was the (awesome) bass player and, as with the rest of the band, completely underrated. Here's one my favourite tracks. Enjoy!!!

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpQdHcna2ok"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpQdHcna2ok[/url]

[quote name='musophilr' timestamp='1344083885' post='1759533']
so nothing to do with cross-dressing in the Bristish Empire, then?
[/quote]
Hahaha! Well... If you check their videos on youtube you'll see quite a lot of cross-dressing. No connections with the Empire though, as far as I know... ;)

[quote name='NancyJohnson' timestamp='1344086742' post='1759585']
Shoot me your address by PM...Ive got a 1996 Hollywood show plus about 50 demos. Also, if your collection has any Jellyfish gaps, I got a ton of [i]other [/i]stuff. Umajets. Hollyfaith. You really need to check out Sugarbomb as well.
P
[/quote]
Hey! Thanks for that! I'll pm my email. :D

I'll throw my hat in the ring....I'm a major Jellyish fan, so ay interested parties can shoot me a PM for a list of loverlee rarities, live stuff, demos etc.

Oh yeah, Hollyfaith were ace...I saw them supporting Matthew Sweet and they gave him a real run for his money...

[quote name='BurritoBass' timestamp='1344094626' post='1759757']
I'm another Jellyfish / Imperial Drag fan from back in the day. Two great examples of bands who should have been so much bigger
[/quote]
And again, +1...

"Spilt Milk" is one of the finest albums ever made, in terms of concept, execution, content... Just amazing.

Happy to see I'm not alone! :D

Spilt Milk is an incredible album and I'm also a big Jellyfish fan. It's funny how a lot of the time I mentioned both bands to people and a lot of them know Jellyfish, but not Imperial Drag.

I have both Roger Manning's solo albums if anybody wants. Both are wicked!!!

This is the stuff...

At the risk of hijacking the entire thread and turning it into some sort of PowerPop appreciation site (oh, what a beautiful dream....), I've got a bunch of Andy Sturmer demos I'm happy to share...

[quote name='rushbo' timestamp='1344159933' post='1760441']
This is the stuff...

At the risk of hijacking the entire thread and turning it into some sort of PowerPop appreciation site (oh, what a beautiful dream....), I've got a bunch of Andy Sturmer demos I'm happy to share...
[/quote]

No problem turning this into a power pop appreciation site, hehehe! Ah... These Andy Sturmer demos sound like something I would like! ;)