Why become a member? ×

Markbass Big Bang

nottswarwick

I got one just two weeks ago. Still really finding out what it can do.

So far I can say that:

1. It is unbelievable small and light; It fits with cables and compressor into my wife's small padded camera backpack
2. It has got lots of power (so far I am using it with my old Peavey TVX 410)
3. Clear and transparent tone; May be smooth or puchy depends obviously on your bass and how you going to set up filters on the amp itself (still looking for my fav settings though)
4. It is perfect if you want to practice at home, headphone output and dedicated volume knob are perfect if you got kids and can practice only at night
5. I have played several times with headphones and only twice with 410 cab so cant really say much apart from so far so good

Re aux in. I havent used it yet but it is a good idea this amp is so small and portable that you can plug your PC in the aux in and play along anything in your headphones, still having the amp's original tone

Apparently its replaced the (now discontinued) F series amps. It's a similar class D power supply, still advertised as having a very 'quick' attack/response... but apparently has more of a warm/organic sound.

Not sure what to make of that as I love my F1 so much! (it looks cooler too :P)

The headphone out and AUX in are an absolutely genius idea though!)

• 1 month later...

Finally have a working Big Bang !
The last two had a fault with the headphone out. Basically, when you plug the headphones in the power LED flashed & this could be heard throughout the headphones ! Not any more.
Very happy with it so far. Definitely warmer than the F 500. Couldn't say which I prefer at present. Will have a few gigs this week so that will be the deciding factor.
I will try & post a video comparison soon as.

• 5 months later...

[quote name='flippyfloop' timestamp='1348926044' post='1819830']
Finally have a working Big Bang !
The last two had a fault with the headphone out. Basically, when you plug the headphones in the power LED flashed & this could be heard throughout the headphones ! Not any more.
Very happy with it so far. Definitely warmer than the F 500. Couldn't say which I prefer at present. Will have a few gigs this week so that will be the deciding factor.
I will try & post a video comparison soon as.
[/quote]

I see you ended up moving yours on, any particular reason?
I'm thinking of picking one up, I loved the sound of my ol' LittleMark and would go for one again but I really need the Aux In/Headphone Out.
I've heard from many sources that the Big Bang sounds a lot warmer than the F1/500, is that the case? Do you reckon it's similar to the LM?

Thanks dude,
Eude

[quote name='nottswarwick' timestamp='1343931965' post='1757583']
You can plug your ipod (other MP3 players are available...) in. Not sure I would need to though.

Just like the look of it!
[/quote]

I have the IPOD / MP3 connection on my TC head, you can also plug it into your PC sound card or any interface with the right input. I found it's probably the most useful feature on my amp as I can rehearse in silence and play along to songs at the same time, no more waking the kids up or annoying next door! I also use in conjunction with an MBOX and protools for getting ideas and "my amp sound" down. I use it that much I got rid of my little practice amp.

Went to a gig on Sat and the bass player was using a mini mark combo, was very impressed.

Cheers.

Edited by baseline9

[quote name='baseline9' timestamp='1362585573' post='2001718']
I have the IPOD / MP3 connection on my TC head, you can also plug it into your PC sound card or any interface with the right input. I found it's probably the most useful feature on my amp as I can rehearse in silence and play along to songs at the same time, no more waking the kids up or annoying next door! I also use in conjunction with an MBOX and protools for getting ideas and "my amp sound" down. I use it that much I got rid of my little practice amp.

Went to a gig on Sat and the bass splayer was using a mini mark combo, was very impressed.

Cheers.
[/quote]

Cheers for that mate, I've seen the TC head, the BH250, right?
I like it, but there's a few things missing...
I'm currently using a 500W head and although I'll never ever need it's full wattage, 250W would feel a bit too much of a drop as I'm only using one 8 Ohm cab.
I also love the sound of the MarkBass LittleMark and really like the separate Low and High Mid Controls.
You never know though, I might end up with one yet, who sells them here in the UK?

Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1362585884' post='2001723']
Cheers for that mate, I've seen the TC head, the BH250, right?
I like it, but there's a few things missing...
I'm currently using a 500W head and although I'll never ever need it's full wattage, 250W would feel a bit too much of a drop as I'm only using one 8 Ohm cab.
I also love the sound of the MarkBass LittleMark and really like the separate Low and High Mid Controls.
You never know though, I might end up with one yet, who sells them here in the UK?

Eude
[/quote]

I've seen them in Red Dog Music in Edinburgh.

I tried one there - really enjoyed it. Thinking of getting one when it comes to gigging again (or when I have that much disposable cash to get the 2x10 also!)

Got a brilliant tone from it (using a 70s reissue jazz bass).

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1362586170' post='2001727']
I've seen them in Red Dog Music in Edinburgh.

I tried one there - really enjoyed it. Thinking of getting one when it comes to gigging again (or when I have that much disposable cash to get the 2x10 also!)

Got a brilliant tone from it (using a 70s reissue jazz bass).
[/quote]

Red Dog is a fair ol' distance form me these days since I left Edinburgh :(
I've just checked the TC site and GuitarGuitar are TC Dealers, the Epsom one isn't too far from me and is a great shop too, very friendly folks and reasonably sized bass department, may just pop along if I end up not going for a Big Bang...

Eude