Why become a member? ×

BOTH PRECISIONS WITHDRAWN

Beedster

[quote name='BassManKev' post='190906' date='May 2 2008, 10:26 PM']hmmm....[/quote]

More than Hmmmm I can assure you,

If you can get to £580.00 I will meet you at J25, M1 before you go to Manchester in the morning

nah sorry mate, there's no way i can drop that low. If you're interested in paying the advertised amount or a very close offer then I will let you know the next time I'm coming through london and we might be able to get a deal done.

Cheers,

Ben

[quote name='classic' post='190903' date='May 2 2008, 10:24 PM']One of the biggest problems of "naming and shamming" is when you only have one half of the story. Ask Benwhite to show the pm where I have offered £500, he will decline to do this as he will not be able to show you it. Also ask him to show the pm where I said he was lucky to be offered that much?
Neither of his statements are true! I still have the pm's I sent, and my first offer was 550.00 based on what I had seen them go for on eBay, check the completed items bit on eBay and you will see that one went for £600 the other day, my last offer to him was £580. If that is not enough for him that’s fine. I have not come on here to make enemies, I saw items being sold on eBay around my offer price without him having to pay eBay and paypal fees, so what’s the problem?

Perhaps before people make comments they should find out the truth first.
if someone would care to tell me how I can post the PM's I sent to Ben, I will post them on here for you all to see!

Ben all my PM's to you were polite, as were your replies, so I don’t see why you feel the need to lie about the contents of the pm? Unless you’re just bored and had nothing better to do than to invent pm's just so you could jump on the bandwagon and make a post.

IMO naming and shamming is fine when its justified, making an offer for something that one person thinks is fair but another person doesn’t is not grounds to try to humiliate someone.[/quote]

I gotta disagree with you, when buying Ben's Trace off him, which I admit did take awhile to get the payment down and stuff, but he was cool with the whole thing and we didn't have much of a problem other than that. It went for what he advertised it for.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='190403' date='May 2 2008, 11:58 AM']I'm more than happy to keep it as a 2nd back up bass because i wasnt going to sell a mint Stingray for an insane £550. I was just echoing the point that people do PM insulting offers, but in all fairness "you don't get if you don't ask". I was pissed off at the offer and I wasn't sure if the guy was being serious. To tell me to "get over it" is a bit insulting as well as I don't really see that there's anything to get over? If i sell it for a reasonable amount of cash then it's all good and if I don't sell it then I've got a fantastic mint condish 4 string Stingray...where's the issue?[/quote]

The issue seems to be that your story differs from the PM's you sent Classic.

Though you gotta admit you never know if he changed it before posting it just then. Thats happened on this forum I used to go onto, though being an admin on that forum, I was able to go on to his user and find out he did change it before posting. So That could have happened here.

[quote name='Exile252' post='190926' date='May 2 2008, 10:58 PM']I gotta disagree with you, when buying Ben's Trace off him, which I admit did take awhile to get the payment down and stuff, but he was cool with the whole thing and we didn't have much of a problem other than that. It went for what he advertised it for.[/quote]

So what bit do you disagree with me on?

I made him what I think was fair, based on what i had seen them sell for on ebay. he was not happy with my offer, so he didnt sell it to me. End of? but to then lie and say I had offered less than I actually had, whats that all about?

[quote name='Exile252' post='190930' date='May 2 2008, 11:02 PM']Though you gotta admit you never know if he changed it before posting it just then. Thats happened on this forum I used to go onto, though being an admin on that forum, I was able to go on to his user and find out he did change it before posting. So That could have happened here.[/quote]

If you can tell me how to post em with out cutting and pasting I will gladly do it!

Probably best that this personal feud is continued or settled in private guys. There has clearly been a misunderstanding and it is nobody else's business but yours.

ped

[quote name='Exile252' post='190930' date='May 2 2008, 11:02 PM']Though you gotta admit you never know if he changed it before posting it just then. Thats happened on this forum I used to go onto, though being an admin on that forum, I was able to go on to his user and find out he did change it before posting. So That could have happened here.[/quote]

And if the admins are able to go to my pm's and check them I am even happier!

[quote name='ped' post='190935' date='May 2 2008, 11:07 PM']Probably best that this personal feud is continued or settled in private guys. There has clearly been a misunderstanding and it is nobody else's business but yours.

ped[/quote]

Its not a feud Ped, but its a problem with naming and shamming, you only get half the truth. But yes I do get upset when someone muddys my name more so when they lie to do it.

[quote name='classic' post='190911' date='May 2 2008, 10:33 PM']More than Hmmmm I can assure you,

If you can get to £580.00 I will meet you at J25, M1 before you go to Manchester in the morning

nah sorry mate, there's no way i can drop that low. If you're interested in paying the advertised amount or a very close offer then I will let you know the next time I'm coming through london and we might be able to get a deal done.

Cheers,

Ben[/quote]

If anyone wants to make an offer on any of the basses I have for sale, go right ahead. If the offer is too low, I'll politely turn you down.

"Thank you for your offer. Unfortunately, I am not able to sell the bass for that price at this time"

£550 sounds about right as an opening offer for a Stingray.

Everybody be cool.

Steve

[quote name='BassManKev' post='190950' date='May 2 2008, 11:44 PM']might be best to lock this thread, it sounds like it could well be continious argueing, and thats good for noone in this case[/quote]

I agree, it was productive when we were talking and discussing this subject hypothetically, but now it has thougherly degenerated into something else....

[quote name='BassManKev' post='190950' date='May 2 2008, 11:44 PM']might be best to lock this thread, it sounds like it could well be continious argueing, and thats good for noone in this case[/quote]

No continuous arguing from here I’ve had my rant, I just take offence when someone has a pop at me for no reason, with the aid of lies to dramatise their story. Would appreciate Ben coming clean on the offers that were made to him by me, and accept his apology and let sleeping dogs lye.

[quote name='minty fresh death' date='May 2 2008, 11:29 AM' post='190379']
pm me his name please ben, when I had my trans red sr4 up here I got exactly the same sh*tty type of offer and I would like to know if it's the same guy.

Is this when it was productive and Hypothetical?

An offer is just that an offer. (and no it wasnt me that made you the sh*tty type offer.) at the end of the day, if I dont like the price your selling at, I wont buy it, likewise if you dont like what Im offering you wont sell it. its not personal and should not be taken so. people have very different views of worth, and mine will differ from yours, no big deal, life goes on.

So this topic is still productive, it could just do with the storys being left out of it.

Hey Kev,

Whats the comment that you have kindly added to my profile? something about a low balling newbie?

I agree that locking this thread (for now anyway) would seem a good idea. Tensions are always gonna be higher when we're all tired and grumpy, and it may be best to sleep things off until the morning. It'd be a shame if anyone said anything that they'd regret later.

How about we all just sit down with a bucket o' houmous, and settle this later?

[quote name='clagooey' post='190975' date='May 3 2008, 12:30 AM']I agree that locking this thread (for now anyway) would seem a good idea. Tensions are always gonna be higher when we're all tired and grumpy, and it may be best to sleep things off until the morning. It'd be a shame if anyone said anything that they'd regret later.

How about we all just sit down with a bucket o' houmous, and settle this later?[/quote]

yeah...

...pistols at dawn!

:)

Gargh!!

How about a change of topic to something controversial? That might help get the thread locked..

... I do believe that my Vantage Bass has a far superior Jazz tone to any of you plebian's 'custom-manufactured' rowing paddles!!

[size=1]*sigh* I never sound cool when i try this hard :)[/size]

[quote name='clagooey' post='190975' date='May 3 2008, 12:30 AM']I agree that locking this thread (for now anyway) would seem a good idea. Tensions are always gonna be higher when we're all tired and grumpy, and it may be best to sleep things off until the morning. It'd be a shame if anyone said anything that they'd regret later.

How about we all just sit down with a bucket o' houmous, and settle this later?[/quote]

Hey Clag,

Tensions not high, I am actually finding it amusing that 1 person posts a comment that I allegedly made, and *a chosen few have* jumped on the bandwagon.

As I said earlier, I don’t have a problem with it, but would appreciate Ben coming clean on what was offered. Or at least someone tell me how to post the pm’s on here myself, without cutting and pasting, (as I will be accused of changing them again.) and then you can see whose telling the truth. This is just in case I wanna buy from someone on here in the future, they know Im cool to deal with.

Yeah! And putting, 'low balling n00bie!!1!!!11one!!!!' in someone's personal profile is a really nice, friendly, mature thing to do. + 1 to that!!!!

* EDITED *

Edited by classic

That's completely fair; I won't argue with you on that! I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to clear your name; it's just a bit unfortunate that this all happened in the first place!

However, I don't want to play the blame game, as it would be too easy to get sucked into what's already happening. I'd humbly suggest that you fire off a PM, leave it for tonight, then come back and check some time tomorrow. It'd be really great if this all got sorted fairly privately and amicably, so as not to disrupt the nature of this forum, but I can understand if that doesn't happen.

It seems as though some people have slightly elaborated their stories to punch home the point that Beedster was trying to make (or agree with), but didn't really think of the consequences. I may be entirely wrong, but that's just what it seems like to me.

Now then, bed time children! (And yes, I am aware that I'm probably younger than most of you. But what the hey; it's the internet :))

Just like they thought the Titanic would not sink.

Oh I visit this site at least once a day since joining, but I like to sit in the wings and pay attention to whats going on, Just because I dont post on everyones comments, dont think Im not here

[quote name='BassManKev' post='191006' date='May 3 2008, 01:00 AM']indeed it is :huh:

and i also wrongly assumed that he wouldn't be returnin to the site anyways :)[/quote]