Why become a member? ×

TC RH450 dynamics question

fretmeister

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1342870776' post='1742100']
Funny thing is, the same people who now slate it loved the amp for a year, but got bored and moved onto the next big thing. Now it seems the next big sellers are tube pre amps, a slight move towards full tube amps, etc.[/quote]

You could just refer to me by name. :)

I stuck with it for a year, because there's that many controls on it, it took me a year to exhaust all the possibilities. :)

Seriously though - I was busy, most of my gigs used FOH, and I just didn't know what to replace it with until the Streamliner came out.

[quote name='Musicman20' timestamp='1342870776' post='1742100']
... and tone is right there for me, (a low mid kicker).

If you want huge sub bass, no, it isn't for you, but then again there are many amps that avoid huge low end as you need the speakers to handle it.
[/quote]

Interestingly, I thought it was anaemic and the Streamliner had far more low-mid kick, but it's all subjective.

I detest sub-bass. i really do. But I expect a bit of tactile feedback from the drivers if I play ghost notes, etc.

The TC (and the Sreamliner, to a lesser extent) just squished 'em all out.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1342871461' post='1742113']
You could just refer to me by name. :)

The TC (and the Sreamliner, to a lesser extent) just squished 'em all out.
[/quote]

Haha, seriously though, I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, it was more so virtually everyone on Talkbass who have also shunned the amp after the review. There are many players on here who did the same thing. I can totally understand if the tone isn't right or it squishes something and you don't like it. No offence intended...just a general look at the backlash. Its also now happening with Ampeg and their seriously bad quality control that is causing a right huff over there with the Ampeg fans and endorsees.

I would have thought, in my use of the Streamliner, that it would have been almost perfect for your tone goals (I think) but if it wasn't, plenty of other options.

I have found over last year, using anything from a simple P copy, to a real P, and a Ray, that the right bass works through any rig to be honest. A flatwound strung P bass with the tone rolled off sounds pretty similar through most rigs...like a P bass, (IME!)

I really need to try one - I always play with compression and I like an articulate tone that reacts well to the controls on my bass.

If the compression is good enough for me to leave my board at home that would be excellent.

As for cabs - I'm using a pair of Markbass Club 121 and I like them a lot.

Have my rh450 hooked up to a Hartke 1x18 and Trace 2103h (running it @ 2.67) ohms. Bass and trebled are boosted and mids are flat to slightly rolled off. The sound out this set up is huge. Massive bottom end with my Warwick 5 double buck. Volume is ridiculous.

It does take time to get desired settings and I do often keep fiddling with the eq during practice but that is why the presets are so handy.

[quote name='stevie' timestamp='1342823492' post='1741706']
Any amp will sound loud if you roll all the bass off. That amp has no bottom end. It's an amp for electric cello players.
[/quote]

No bottom end?? :lol:
tell me another one ;)

if you want very trebly, I could see reason for disappointment. But there is no lack of bottom end here!

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1342877293' post='1742247']
I really need to try one - I always play with compression and I like an articulate tone that reacts well to the controls on my bass.

If the compression is good enough for me to leave my board at home that would be excellent.

[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. Would love to try one of these. Anyone got one in London?