Why become a member? ×

Exam time again (results are in)

chilievans

• 1 month later...

I'm probably going to put in for the grade 3 exam by the end of the month..... Almost cracked the 3 pieces..... Working on 2 more for the performance certificate but might leave that till after Christmas . I've been practising the scales , arpeggios and riff but havent had any practice with the ear tests.

Check out my 3 vids on utube if you want a laugh... Search ukflamesey

:-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've got a few coming up - ABRSM Music Theory grade 5 on Wed & Grade 3 Piano in a couple of weeks and the RGT Grade 8 Bass at the start of Dec.

Sadly as I've been away working for the past couple of months and i'll be away again on-and-off until the end of November I doubt I'll get the results I'd ideally want - but I'm fully confident I'll pass and get a merit in each.

I'm eyeing up the Trinity College Rock & Pop exam for the spring and furthering the Music Theory & Piano too.
I really enjoy doing exams as it gives me something to focus on - the lack of time at home means that I'm not able to be in a band and this is the next best thing for me!

Good luck to all those taking exams.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1347712786' post='1804248']
Me too, I'm going to do grade 3 at some point during this academic year! Lovely teecha has given me a test paper to work on. It's doing my head in a bit, but I'm hoping all will become clear at the next lesson.
[/quote]

Make sure you take your own amp and stand seashell :-0

• 2 weeks later...

More results - I just got piano grade 3 - pass, I'm happy with that as it was the first time I'd ever actually played an upright piano and I'd not practiced for a month!. I've got a nice electric piano at home but I was surprised by the difference.

I also received my RGT grade 8 Bass result this morning too, 91% distinction. I'm happy with that too.
Now that I've got the RGT and Rock School Grade 8 distinctions I'll give the Trinity College Rock 'n Pop grade 8 next year.
I don't have time not am I home enough to be in a band so the exams give me some structure to my practicing.
I'd still much rather be gigging though, I personally feel that is what would do the best for my playing. Oh well...
Still - happy days!