Why become a member? ×

Bad Company - Can't Get Enough Of Your Love Bass Transcription

wal4string

Thought fellow Basschatters may enjoy my transcription of the [b]"Boz" Burrell[/b] classic.

Can't Get Enough of Your Love.pdf [attachment=112227:Can't Get Enough Of Your Love.pdf]

As discussed below, The above file is actually a PDF. For some reason Basschat not only renames the file but also changes the file extention to .ipd. With internet explorer if you right click and download the file extention is automatically changed back to .pdf but with Chrome and Firefox the file extention needs to be changed to .pdf by you.

For anyone still unsure I have included 3 .png's of the PDF.

[attachment=112310:Cant Get Enough Of Your Love-1.png][attachment=112311:Cant Get Enough Of Your Love-2.png][attachment=112312:Cant Get Enough Of Your Love-3.png]

Will leave the 4 files posted until such time I may need the space for further pstings.

So, if you find the files are no longer available PM me and I will be happy to email them to you.

Edited by wal4string

[quote name='MoJoKe' timestamp='1341440711' post='1719283']
Try clicking... its a PDF!! :D
[/quote]

Then why isn't it a .pdf?

Firefox doesn't know what to do with it. Acrobat Reader is not offered as an option.

Edited by obbm

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1341440873' post='1719286']

Firefox doesn't know what to do with it. Acrobat Reader is not offered as an option.
[/quote]

I use IE9 mostly which didn't have a problem. I have tried saving as PDF and reattaching and it simply does the same again. try right click and choose save as: and rename it as a PDF when you have downloaded it...

Edited by MoJoKe

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1341443100' post='1719325']
Boz Burrell never liked this bassline. He played it on his fretless and not very well. He said it was out of tune and it pi**ed him off every time he heard it.
[/quote]

Strange that! Wonder why he didnt re record it? I dont think its out of tune at all!! :happy:

[quote name='Hobbayne' timestamp='1341497737' post='1720067']
Strange that! Wonder why he didnt re record it? I dont think its out of tune at all!! :happy:
[/quote]

He'd moved on and become a space cowboy jazz funker with wraparound shades - as shown in this clip (and very good he was too)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlervrBqiHg&feature=relmfu"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlervrBqiHg&feature=relmfu[/url]

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='obbm' timestamp='1341440873' post='1719286']

[/quote]

If you left-click on it , select the Open With radio button and click Browse, then click Browse again in the next dialog box, then navigate your way to the location of Acrobat Reader (probably somewhere like Program Files -> Adobe -> Reader 10.0 -> Reader -> AcroRd32) Firefox will open it.

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1342865136' post='1741962']
If you left-click on it , select the Open With radio button and click Browse, then click Browse again in the next dialog box, then navigate your way to the location of Acrobat Reader (probably somewhere like Program Files -> Adobe -> Reader 10.0 -> Reader -> AcroRd32) Firefox will open it.
[/quote]

Thanks Pete. Sorted.

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1342863485' post='1741936']

You time would be better spent just working through the bass clef on this. You'll be reading in no time :ph34r:
[/quote]

I can read but I panic in a hurry!! Where as tab I don't panic (if that makes any sense!)

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1342900569' post='1742646']
I can read but I panic in a hurry!! Where as tab I don't panic (if that makes any sense!)
[/quote]

It never ceases to amaze me that anyone who can read TAB well are unable to grasp how uncomplicated reading notation is. I use Sibelius to write my scores and on the few ocassions I have converted a written piece to TAB I then can see how TAB can often make a piece harder to play. Putting aside the fact there is no indication of placement of notes in relation to the beat which restricts you to playing tunes you already have a clear idea of what the bass line should sound like, but I also find that TAB instructs you to change position far more than is needed. The trick to reading is to play the written note in the correct position for the notes that follow.i.e. if you are playing a piece which fall nicely under and around the second fret but then requires you to play a run starting on the 1oth fret, simply play the first section around the 7th fret, the notes are the same but the shift to the 10th fret will be a lot easier and smoother. I often find that TAB will show the former and not the latter. Of course another draw back with TAB is that you will never learn the names of the notes and that the higher up the neck you play the more options you have to play the same note in a different position.i.e. the E at the twelth fret of the E string (the thickest string, 4th string) is exactly the same note on the A string (3rd string) at the 7th fret, plus the same not on the D string (2 string) on the 2nd fret. So when it comes to reading notation you simply choose which note to play in relation to what follows with the least amount of movement of your left hand position.

• 1 year later...