Why become a member? ×

One Bass, Amp & Cab

RandomBass

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1341383870' post='1717897']
So who here just has one of each of the above that they use for practise, gigs etc?
To start, I have 4 basses and 3 heads, but just 1 cab. I remember fondly when I had one of each when I started out - has anyone stayed that way, whether it be out of desire or necessity?
Just curious really....
Cheers
Geoff
[/quote]

Just the one bass (Geddy Lee Japan), Carvin 250-watt Micro Bass (the name belies the amp's power), and a Schroeder 2x10 from his Punch Line series. This is all I need for gigs with my trio of violin, keyboards and bass.

I can update my previous post on page one and say that, yes, I am definitely using one bass, one amp and one cab now.

Squier JV jazz
Ashdown LB550
Barefaced super 12

I can fit it all in a Seat Arosa and keep the child seat in place! I am so rock 'n roll! :P

[quote name='deanovw' timestamp='1363533339' post='2013712']
I can update my previous post on page one and say that, yes, I am definitely using one bass, one amp and one cab now.

Squier JV jazz
Ashdown LB550
Barefaced super 12

I can fit it all in a Seat Arosa and keep the child seat in place! I am so rock 'n roll! :P
[/quote]

How do you find the LB550? I was so tempted to pick one up, now they seem to have disappeared. Would be a great friend for my LB30 - I love the form factor.

Geoff

Well my efforts to thin out the bass collection are working - two sold, and a third up for sale. That leaves just my Highway One Jazz, and my Yamaha BB414. The latter is my go-to instrument, and am sorely tempted by a 1024. However, the Jazz will have to be released into the wild to fund it.

Still too many amps - but they are all so fabulous in their own way. My recently acquired Trace AH200 is my favourite for now. Funny how the s/h stuff has taken my fancy so much.

Cheers

Geoff

Edited by RandomBass

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1363534299' post='2013724']
How do you find the LB550? I was so tempted to pick one up, now they seem to have disappeared. Would be a great friend for my LB30 - I love the form factor.

Geoff
[/quote]

pm'd

3 basses. Although 1 rarely gets played (it was my first and is living out it's retirement in a padded cell after playing too many punk gigs), 1 is up for sale as it has pretty much never been used (see the for sale thread), 1 gets used for gigs/practice/rehearsals.

1 head

0 cabs. Still getting cash together to get the new cabs, but seeing as though I've not long since joined a newly formed band and the rehearsal space provides cab in with the hourly rate, there's not much of a rush.

Amp - GB STL900 (but a £20, one sided SuperFly for practice at home)
Cab - Barefaced Midget (but a Compact for Motown)
Bass - EBMM Stingray (but a P with flats for Motown)

Does it count if I only actually USE one rig, as I have other stuff I don't use?

No, doesn't does it. I need to sell stuff.

I have two basses but only use the one amp and cab.
Two basses because the two bands i play in use different tunings but also i figure that i could get by if my cab or amp was in for repair.
Theres always the temptation to buy more gear, i guess its that never ending quest for the tone......plus is nice to play with new shiny things!

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1364047384' post='2021284']
Isn't that a smart, minimal and classy setup? Especially the P :)
[/quote]

Thank you. It works for me. The TC Electronic RH450 head matches up well with the Ampeg SVT-410HLF cab. "Candy", she's my Precision.

[IMG]http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u426/roadrex/0031af4b-09ea-4b0b-baff-e8090205c454.jpg[/IMG]