Why become a member? ×

GAS ... when do you give in to it?

debwilliams

If I can get away with it and hide it in one of my many cases before him indoors finds out ! Just leaves the pesky squeaky stairs to navigate then I am home and dry ;) ( si if you are reading this ,not really x )

[quote name='Evil Undead' timestamp='1341337528' post='1717345']
By the way, I didn't mean to offend with this... I wasn't assuming you couldn't set it up yourself, just saw that you just took another bass to a shop, and they charge way too much IMHO...

:)
[/quote]

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1341338983' post='1717380']
Certainly wasn't offended in any way - it's a brilliant offer and will def take you up on that! Milk and one sugar please (or ice cubes and a slice of lime ;) )
[/quote]

Edited by debwilliams

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1341339628' post='1717390']
I've already shared my views Deb ;)
[/quote]

Cheers Debs -if I did go ahead it would give us something extra to talk about on our next Thelma and Louise adventure :D (or maybe we could call ourselves Jazz and Precision :ph34r: .... go on, you choose)

[quote name='debwilliams' timestamp='1341342952' post='1717464']

Cheers Debs -if I did go ahead it would give us something extra to talk about on our next Thelma and Louise adventure :D (or maybe we could call ourselves Jazz and Precision :ph34r: .... go on, you choose)
[/quote]

Seen as our next Thelma and Louise adventure is this Saturday, you'd better be as quick and as impulsive as I was with my Ibanez purchase :P

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1341343323' post='1717475']
Seen as our next Thelma and Louise adventure is this Saturday, you'd better be as quick and as impulsive as I was with my Ibanez purchase :P
[/quote]

Have you given the heads up to our arrival yet? They might want to provide us with a buffet or similar? :D

[quote name='SpaceChick' timestamp='1341345228' post='1717540']
Says the girl who barely eats :P
[/quote]

:lol: I'm too busy doing "stuff". Coffee and tea constitute nutrition (don't they?). Very impressed at "girl" though Debs. I'll get the first round in on Saturday :drinks:

If you can afford it... then I reckon there are worse things you can do to feed the retail addition than buying bass guitars.

Buying most things loses you money as they aren't resalable or else depreciate.

Not buying anything will make you anxious and will lose you money at Rate of Inflation minus Interest on Savings. Which effectively means losing money at the Rate of Inflation :-/

Buy a bass and it'll probably appreciate in value AND you get to enjoy it at the same time.

Try that with a Ferrari or an Ulster Bank savings account. One of these is difficult to get into, will make your money disappear and cause your friends to laugh at you. And the other is a Ferrari.

Make that move. Buy that bass.

CB

PS: I'm selling my precision on here :-)

If you can afford it, do it. Fifty years from now, you'll be sorry if you didn't.

As to the title question: I [b]only[/b] give in to GAS on the 21st of every month, the day after the money comes in. This is called discipline. ;^)

Edited by BassTractor

[quote name='cloudburst' timestamp='1341348068' post='1717607']
If you can afford it... then I reckon there are worse things you can do to feed the retail addition than buying bass guitars.

Buying most things loses you money as they aren't resalable or else depreciate.

Not buying anything will make you anxious and will lose you money at Rate of Inflation minus Interest on Savings. Which effectively means losing money at the Rate of Inflation :-/

Buy a bass and it'll probably appreciate in value AND you get to enjoy it at the same time.

Try that with a Ferrari or an Ulster Bank savings account. One of these is difficult to get into, will make your money disappear and cause your friends to laugh at you. And the other is a Ferrari.

Make that move. Buy that bass.

CB

PS: I'm selling my precision on here :-)
[/quote]

Love so much in here .... seems like the only negative product is the Ulster Bank Savings Account. Basses and Ferraris are fair game!