Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Wal Pro II E **SOLD**

deksawyer

Selling on behalf of a friend, his 1980 Wal Pro II E.

General cosmetic condition (paint/controls etc) 9/10 apart from the rusty screws around the pickups and scratch plate. Machine heads have a small amount of rust on them as well, but it's a 32 year old bass we have here...and I think these minor issues can be fixed fairly easily and they're definitely reflected in the price.

Bass plays and sounds great. Has original brown Wal case which is in remarkable condition. Price is a firm £1350 plus fully insured delivery. No Trades thanks.

Here's some crappy pics.

cheers

D.

Edited by deksawyer

Did you buy this from Sound Control, circa September '88? There were two NOS examples in at that time, with the same finish. If so, I bought the other one, with the slightly wider grain.

Edited by noelk27

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1339843431' post='1695218']
looking around for things to sell...
[/quote]

Well the Wal would make three basses and you only need two (says the man with... 'lots of basses' :lol: ), so I'll take one of the others off your hands (that'll be 'lots +1' then :D ).

[quote name='warwickhunt' timestamp='1339847901' post='1695323']
Well the Wal would make three basses and you only need two (says the man with... 'lots of basses' :lol: ), so I'll take one of the others off your hands (that'll be 'lots +1' then :D ).
[/quote]

:P don't tempt me!

More crappy pics. I'll do my best to get some camera pics rather than phone pics.

There are no major dings on this bass at all, and very few minor ones. Change the rusty parts and the bass will be A1. I've never noticed before either, but it goes up to 11....... :D

One of the last Pro llE's by the look of it (the database) Sold my Passive Pro l last year for more than that :blink: - BIG mistake - but i was offered twice what I had paid for it and the electrics needed a seeing to but the neck was sublime.
Had owned Wals since 1985 til then and this is my first spell without one :unsure:

Serious WALGAS building...............

BB

Whenever I see a Pro IIE or a MkI Custom fretless on here I have a bittersweet gander and wonder if I'll find one of the pair I sold before my bass-playing sabbatical... can't help wondering where they are now, sob sob...

Fantastic instruments and I'm sure your provisional buyer will love it!