Why become a member? ×

Mods Please remove

CPBass

[quote name='Voodoosnake' timestamp='1339669165' post='1692224']
Anyone else lost gear through being overpowered by GAS?
[/quote]

It's easy to lose sight of the fact that it's your attitude towards playing and what you play that counts. Gear is only part of the equation. What am I saying!? GET OUT THERE AND BUY MORE GEAR AT ONCE!! BWA-HA-HA-HA!! :crazy:

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Voodoosnake' timestamp='1339669165' post='1692224']
Woke up this morning and Basschat wasnt the first thing I logged into
[/quote]

Oh man, that is the saddest first line in a blues song ever. Congrats, I suppose, but I think even playing this song backwards will not get you back to where you once belonged ...
:)

I have the kind of GAS with 'exchanges disabled mode'. I'd only buy new (in terms of not having them previously, not the condition) basses, specific ones I desire, not every one and if I'm satisfied, I never sell them. The only bass I sold was Ibanez ATK310, for it was too modern for my tastes, and not too comfortable.

Within the last year I've bought three basses I've always dreamed of: Fender Precision Bass, Peavey T-40 and Fender Telecaster II bass (well, sort of). And while Peavey, a great player in fact, is a bit whimsical part of the collection, I'm quite sure the both Fenders are pretty much everything I need. But still I want to have 51' P-bass and Fender Jazz Bass and I'm sure I'd find a good use for them, too.

I think we all get over GAS sooner or later. Having bought, traded, made and customised many a bass in my time I find myself looking for the next bass constantly but in the last 6 months I keep finding myself thinking... Is it going to be any better than my No.1 bass? to which the answer is inevitably no. The journey I've been on was extremely roundabout but I have finally realised that what someone once told me is true, one day you'll find 'the one' and all other will pale in comparison.
I've bought nothing but strings and picks this year! And do you know what. I'm happy about it :)

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1339672711' post='1692347']
I think we all get over GAS sooner or later. Having bought, traded, made and customised many a bass in my time I find myself looking for the next bass constantly but in the last 6 months I keep finding myself thinking... Is it going to be any better than my No.1 bass? to which the answer is inevitably no. The journey I've been on was extremely roundabout but I have finally realised that what someone once told me is true, one day you'll find 'the one' and all other will pale in comparison.
I've bought nothing but strings and picks this year! And do you know what. I'm happy about it :)
[/quote]

Ive just been lucky enough to be reunited with No1

I think you're a lucky one voodoosnake, I still have my favourite bass ever, my '72 Precision. My problem is that I need 5 strings for one of my bands, and I really like having a low B, so my ideal bass would be a '72 P, with 5 strings.......even a modern Precision 5 just doesn't do it, I don't like the low Bs. I like my SR5, and my G&L5, but they're just not the same.........I fear I'll never have what I want.

I'll guess I'll just have to keep buying more basses.

So far this year i've bought a precision, pedalboard, pedals, power supply, cables, strings, strap, picks, and i need a few more pedals, some more strings, a pickup, bridge and P bass wiring harness. Safe to say, i have a severe case of GAS, but thankfully, a lack of funding to support said GAS.

Liam