Why become a member? ×

barefaced cabinets looking for one to tryout?

0175westwood29

One thing about Barefaced cabs - you really don't get a proper impression of the sound until you hear them at gigging volume.

I've had my Compact nearly a year and have used it at loads of rehearsals. Thought it was a good cab for the size and price, but did think there was a lot of unwarranted hype behind the Barefaced stuff.

Last week I finally got to use it a gig. (A lot of my gigs are kit share and/or backine provided). WOW. A bit more volume made a lot more sound (if that makes sense).

People are nice to offer to share the experience of their equipment.

I've ordered a Compact. I couldn't find anyone in Ireland who has one, anyway, if it doesn't suit I can send it back.

I'm not gigging (yet) so I can fall back to my combo If needs be.

Good luck with the Dubster / super 15. My understanding is that they are incredibly loud & low.

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1340747478' post='1709202']
thanks man!

if i had the money id just order and return if i didnt like sadly i cant take the punt as i have no funds.

fingers crossed someone will get in touch

andy
[/quote]

I think a previous poster mentioned this, or something similar...

You could try contacting Alex at barefaced... He might be able to make an arrangement,
contact an owner on your behalf, maybe arrange a demo if he's demoing them nearer you (It happens for most manufacturers, boutique...not so much).
Plus you might get the will to travel to the home of barefaced and work from there - I'm not saying you're lazy,
but if I knew the cab I wanted was half a day away... If I could check it out I would.

He's sound, and will give you the oppertuinty to try the cab if he can.

I should mention, although you probably know this, he has lead times of 6 - 8 weeks... not super long,
but it might mean accepting a lower price for your 610 if you have to sell in a hurry... You'll find a way.

I was told I'll be informed when the build run starts for my cab... that info could allow you to hang on to the 610 till the last minute of course.

Good luck!

Edited by PlungerModerno

[quote name='PlungerModerno' timestamp='1340726606' post='1708701']
People are nice to offer to share the experience of their equipment.

I've ordered a Compact. I couldn't find anyone in Ireland who has one, anyway, if it doesn't suit I can send it back.

I'm not gigging (yet) so I can fall back to my combo If needs be.

Good luck with the Dubster / super 15. My understanding is that they are incredibly loud & low.

I'm in Ireland (Belfast) and I've had my Compact since 2009 and my Midget since 2010. They are just really good practical gigging cabs. You won't be disappointed.

Frank.
[/quote]

[quote name='PlungerModerno' timestamp='1340749515' post='1709246']

I think a previous poster mentioned this, or something similar...

You could try contacting Alex at barefaced... He might be able to make an arrangement,
contact an owner on your behalf, maybe arrange a demo if he's demoing them nearer you (It happens for most manufacturers, boutique...not so much).
Plus you might get the will to travel to the home of barefaced and work from there - I'm not saying you're lazy,
but if I knew the cab I wanted was half a day away... If I could check it out I would.

He's sound, and will give you the oppertuinty to try the cab if he can.

I should mention, although you probably know this, he has lead times of 6 - 8 weeks... not super long,
but it might mean accepting a lower price for your 610 if you have to sell in a hurry... You'll find a way.

I was told I'll be informed when the build run starts for my cab... that info could allow you to hang on to the 610 till the last minute of course.

Good luck!
[/quote]

Thing is ideally i need to trade my 610 for the barefaced as i can't get the other money together at the min! Im in no manic rush to get rid of the 610, its an awesome cab and alex will still be around.

Just wanna get the right deal for my cab so can finance the new cab, and i just couldnt take the risk of ordering then selling my cab as ive had a few deals no happen on this cab already.

Andy

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1340752208' post='1709291']
I'm in Ireland (Belfast) and I've had my Compact since 2009 and my Midget since 2010. They are just really good practical gigging cabs. You won't be disappointed.

Frank.
[/quote]

I'll be the judge of that!!!! B)

Just kidding... I was lured in by the weight and low end. I was looking at light 212's and 410's.... all over 20kg and most close or over 30.
I have heard samples and expect the cab to do everything I need and more. As you have done, should I need lots of treble in the future I can combine it with a miget T or add a crossover and use a guitar cab or something.... I'd consider that if I thought it was practical.
If I had the dough... I'd probably spring for the big twin :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: . Right now that'd be complete overkill.

[quote name='0175westwood29' timestamp='1340776500' post='1709349']
Thing is ideally i need to trade my 610 for the barefaced as i can't get the other money together at the min! Im in no manic rush to get rid of the 610, its an awesome cab and alex will still be around.

Just wanna get the right deal for my cab so can finance the new cab, and i just couldnt take the risk of ordering then selling my cab as ive had a few deals no happen on this cab already.

Andy
[/quote]

Aye, I think that's what I thought you were looking at.... :sorry:
Em.... I guess it's a position many people are in at the minute. Money is tight. I'm only able to get what I'm planning because I've been seriously planning to get it.
Not smoking or drinking (often) definately helps. :unsure:

Hopefully you'll get a decent price for the 610, and your barefaced rig will blow your audiences across the room with joyus bass power :swoon:

I just ordered a Compact, as the GK212mbe I had ordered from Thomann was going to be another 4 weeks, and I wasn't convinced it was going to give me the quality I was after (weight was really good though).

Can't wait for it to turn up!

I'm in St Austell, but it won't be here for 6-8 weeks!

[quote name='cameltoe' timestamp='1340917174' post='1711622']
I just ordered a Compact, as the GK212mbe I had ordered from Thomann was going to be another 4 weeks, and I wasn't convinced it was going to give me the quality I was after (weight was really good though).

Can't wait for it to turn up!

I'm in St Austell, but it won't be here for 6-8 weeks!
[/quote]

Join the club.. B) . I was looking at the GK 212 neo-II
23 kg. :blink:

The compact will thank my spine each time it's relocated. :D

The cab, not the spine. :gas:

• 3 months later...