Why become a member? ×

Parker FLY USA 5 String - Graphite neck - Piezos - ***Sold***

Dood

Hi everyone!

Well, here's an interesting turn up! Recently I have been working at a rather prestigious venue with a team of musicians. One of our new friends who comes to help is a bass player. This is his rather fabulous and absolutely spotless Parker Fly Bass that he would like to sell. He said to me that he doesn't feel that he'd do it justice - but I think he's a rather cool bass player actually. A really lovely guy! - Anyway, he has asked if I knew of a good place he could advertise it for sale!

Not surprisingly my answer was yes, I know just the place. I've agreed to sell it for him as a friend, so hopefully he'll be ok with my advertising skills!

I'll get the pictures in first then attempt to take all the information from the 'Preliminary Owners Manual' and get it here for you to see.

This instrument is spotless! The detail? Sexy!

[attachment=108926:DSCF2657.jpg]
[attachment=108931:DSCF2656.JPG]
[attachment=108934:DSCF2658.jpg]
[attachment=108935:DSCF2661.JPG]
[attachment=108936:DSCF2664.JPG]
[attachment=108937:DSCF2663.JPG]

The price for this fine example is £1200, including the official very well padded Parker Fly gig bag. I don't really want to ship the instrument, however I could arrange to meet 'halfway' within reason to complete a purchase. (for Fuel, Coffee, Cake) It's not my bass and will be directed by my friend on how he'd like to send the instrument to it's new home. We can discuss price/OFFERS and I will send enquires direct to him. You are more than welcome of course to shoot me questions about the Bass!

Ok, so Spec:

Body: Sikta Spruce with Quilted Maple front and back
Neck: Mahogany wrapped in a carbon fiber shell
Headstock: Curly Maple
Finish: High Gloss Polyurethane
Fretboard: Patented Glass and Carbon Fiber fretboard
Radius: Parker's unique conical section radius 10"-15"
Scale Length: 34"
Frets: 24 medium size STAINLESS STEEL!!!
Tuning Machines: Lightweight Aluminium LOCKING Sperzel tuning keys
Nut: Graphtech, 1.8" for 5 string.
String Spacing at bridge: .750" for 5 string
Bridge Custom MonoRail with Fishman piezo pickups
Magnetic Pickups: 2 Custom Dimarzio Ultra Jazz hum-cancelling magnetic pickups with active Fishman EQ
Piezo system: Fishman Piezo system, individual string elements
Controls: Master Vol, Magnetic Pickup Pan, Magnetic Pickup active 2 band EQ, Piezo volume, Piezo Active Tone
Output: Single Mono
Weight: 7 pounds-ish.

Piezo Trim Pots, gain and Bass Tone Control inside the cavity. Individual gain controls for each string as well as an overal gain control and bass tone control allows more control over the piezo elements, but can be left as they are in their default positions.

Instructions for all of the above included!

Damn you wait... 10 years and along comes another one! Soooo glad that it isn't the 4 string version! :D

I'm not just saying it because I have one but the range of tones out of these basses is excellent and I'd imagine that this'll be like mine and be light as a feather so anyone after a 5 string that isn't going to do their spine/back any grief should give this a coat of looking at! ;)

It's pretty funny isn't it John! It has to be mentioned that both this one and the very fine 4 string version in John's ad' are the sought after USA versions. I'll be honest, I very nearly started looking for the money for this myself! - but I remembered that it was a 6er I was looking for!

It's actually the first time I've played a USA model with the Piezo pickups on too. I think I'm converted!!!! WOW!!! - Mixed together with the magnetic pickups it really seems to add a fatness and organic character to the sound. Best of both worlds right?

[quote name='paulwillson' timestamp='1338240844' post='1671568']
That looks so sexy and i bet that neck is ultra fast!
[/quote]

Yes and Yes matey!

Why, oh why, oh why, oh why....... I had a plan, good plan.. in fact great plan; and then.... YOU DO THIS!!!! A hidden secret since seeing Steve Swallow in 1986... aahhhemmmm your friend wouldn't be at all interested in the NT6 Thumb I've got listed... would they? would they?

Pandora would find her goodly self completely outgunned on this forum.... :facepalm:

Edited by rumour6

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I'm afraid he's only interested in a straight sale. I'd be happy to pass any price offers to him too.

Dooood

p.s. - In case I miss any replies, please PM me too!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes! The neck on this example feels great! - I love the patterning on the fretboard too - it's a real eye catcher. Tonally, it's a really great instrument with so much variation available. The Dimarzio Ultra Jazz pickups are obviously well known already for their great sound, but being able to mix AND EQ the piezo pickup in as well lift the instrument to a whole new level I think. Want to sound like an acoustic? Click, there it is.

Also comes with official (very) padded Parker Fly gig bag.

IF I had the money, this would be hugely tempting (I need a 5-string fretted and my double bass has a high G so this would work perfectly).

But I don't (unless everyone who is a member here pre-orders my Paul Chambers book on Amazon)

• 2 weeks later...

My friend who owns this bass also owns a 4 string version exactly the same. I heard it at a concert on Wednesday and it sounded so good. I mean, really good! If i had the cash, i'd be tearing his arm off right now! Lovely instrument.

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhat surprisingly still available! Offers considered. The photographs don't do this beautiful bass justice really. I think when we finally get some daytime sun, I'll take some more pictures.