Why become a member? ×

First Shuker Bass Ordered !!! PICS ADDED !!!!!!

mike 110

I've just ordered a custom Precision from Jon Shuker . I had been thinking about this for quite a while , but the catalyst for going ahead was seeing the work done for tredders and giblett123 , both by Jon and for discreet by Bassdoc , all the basses are stunning and inspired me to go ahead . So thanks everybody :) for providing me with the much needed kick up the ar*e !

Edited by mike 110

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1337939700' post='1667612']
Care to share the specs mate? :)
[/quote]Yep sorry ! Here we go - :)

Custom Precision Bass

Olympic White
Aged White Pickguard
Swamp Ash Body
Chrome Gotoh Bridge
Knurled Black Chrome Knobs

Maple Neck
Bound Rosewood Fretboard
MoP inlays
40mm nut
20 Frets
34ins Scale
2 way Truss Rod
Carbon Fibre Re- inforcement
Graphite Nut
Chrome Gotoh Tuners
Medium Fretwire
Black Side Dots
Satin Neck Lacquer

T I Flats

Seymour Duncan Pick-ups - Hot J ,Vintage P ... AND ... a Vintage 51 in the neck position !

I got the idea for 3 pick-ups from the Burns basses which I love the look and sound of . Plus I've just sold my Gibson SG Reissue and I'm still a bit partial to a little Mud !

Anyway there we are ! Be back with more when I have more ! Or when requested ! :) :) :)

PS Hey Voxpop your black bass is a real beauty !

Edited by mike 110

Not much to tell really . Jon has started with the neck , which is probably par for the course .. ?...I'm new to this Build lark ! :)

I've decided to have 3 stacked vol,tone knobs , so the last bit of spec is decided .

Jon has also said he'd send pics of progress , so that'll be interesting to see .

I've checked out most of the Shuker and other builds on here and I have to say that they all look top notch . I'm glad I took the plunge !

:)

Hi Mark , no delivery date yet , but I haven't asked , maybe I should ..? I don't want to seem too pushy too soon really . Yours was about 7 weeks wasn't it ? Pretty fast ! I'm not expecting that speed , but I hope it's not the 2 years that giblett123 ( Chris ) waited :o :D

Edited by mike 110

[quote name='mike 110' timestamp='1338282302' post='1671944']
Hi Mark , no delivery date yet , but I haven't asked , maybe I should ..? I don't want to seem too pushy too soon really . Yours was about 7 weeks wasn't it ? Pretty fast ! I'm not expecting that speed , but I hope it's not the 2 years that giblett123 ( Chris ) waited :o :D
[/quote]

Mine was 7 weeks, but that was down to Jon already having a completed body in the exact spec & colour I wanted, which was massively lucky. I just had to wait for the neck... However long it takes, it'll be worth the wait :)

Congrats! - Jon's basses are stunning, amazing, beautiful and equalling the very best on the market without the ridiculous prices. You're gonna love this bass!!!

I think the third pickup idea is a really cool one! Good idea!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1338289093' post='1672078']
Congrats! - Jon's basses are stunning, amazing, beautiful and equalling the very best on the market without the ridiculous prices. You're gonna love this bass!!!

I think the third pickup idea is a really cool one! Good idea!
[/quote]

Thanks dood , you're not biased by any chance are ya ? :D

I'm really excited about it , I'm 52 this year but I feel like a 5 yr old waiting for Christmas !

Edited by mike 110

[quote name='sk8' timestamp='1338290264' post='1672108']
one bass to rule them all!

Whats the switching/electronic arrangement?
[/quote]

Hi sk8 , it's passive , with 3 stacked vol & tone knobs . All 3 pick ups can be used at once , but in that case the one with the most treble cut will act as a master tone control . However , if that pick up is turned down , the other 2 go back to their own individual controls .

That's how I read what Jon has said , I'm really a newbie to Tech stuff , but I think I've got it correct !

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
:) Well , Bass is finished and I'm going to pick it up on Saturday , Yeehah ! I did hope for a few pics , but I think Jon has been pretty busy , I reckon the my first sight of the real thing might just make up for that ! I'll stick some pics on here next week :D

[quote name='mike 110' timestamp='1349091142' post='1821539']
:) Well , Bass is finished and I'm going to pick it up on Saturday , Yeehah ! I did hope for a few pics , but I think Jon has been pretty busy , I reckon the my first sight of the real thing might just make up for that ! I'll stick some pics on here next week :D
[/quote]

Wow, that was very quick!
Congrats mate.
Remember, pics or it never happened... ;)

Eude

[quote name='Pete1967' timestamp='1349563473' post='1827860']
Did you get it.....? :) :)
[/quote]. I did indeed ! But I can't post pics as the adaptor cable for my laptop has split and is unusable and my son has drained the battery !

I'm using the Mrs' iPad and I can't or don't know how to put the iPad pics onto the site ! I'm trying to figure it out , unless some kind soul can help !

I've got a replacement charger on its way so either today or tomorrow hope fully , I'll get some pics up .

Edited by mike 110