Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray 5 **NOW SOLD**

dub_junkie

I took this in a trade last year for my Bongo 5HH. Its a 2005 build. Has a few knocks and dings on the back and a couple on the side. No marks on the front. Ding on the front of the headstock. Also had a ding on the back of the neck up near the headstock when I got it but I've steamed that with an iron and tablecloth (!!) and got it nearly back flat again.It is still noticeable under my thumb but doesn't bother me at all now. Also the case is a Musicman 2006 Limited Edition C&G tolex type with gold interior.I think these were the cases for the buttercream Stingrays.

Has the usual fat Stingray 5 tone,very balanced across the strings in tone and volume. great sounding B string on a 34" scale length.

I love these basses but I am saving for my wedding and find myself GASsing after something a bit different which I've seen new elsewhere.

£775 collection from Ayrshire.

Will be happy to box up if someone wants to arrange their own courier

Cheers

Keir

Edited by dub_junkie

[quote name='pudie' timestamp='1336722779' post='1649882']
Hi...Bit puzzled here, It has a selector switch so it should have another humbucker .Has this been removed by you and if so do you still have it?
[/quote]

I had a Stingray 5 with a single bucker and it had the selector switch, all the 5s do I think. It does various configs of the coils - I only ever used one or two settings. Man I miss my Rays, both 5 and 4 versions. Stupidest sales/trades ever. Plus I really want this, the white scratchplate on black is so good!

[quote name='pudie' timestamp='1336722779' post='1649882']
Hi...Bit puzzled here, It has a selector switch so it should have another humbucker .Has this been removed by you and if so do you still have it?
[/quote]

Is this guy serious?

Great bass absolutely regret selling mine now, should have just invested in a heavier strap! I might try and flog some stuff I have for trade but I can't imagine this will be on here for long at this price.

the switch is to select between parallel/single coil/series on the single humbucker version and it does give 3 distinct and usable tones to start with before fiddling around with the 3EQ.

[attachment=107610:IMG_0208.jpg][attachment=107609:IMG_0162.jpg][attachment=107608:IMG_0146.jpg][attachment=107603:IMG_0149.jpg][attachment=107604:IMG_0150.jpg][attachment=107605:IMG_0838-1.jpg][attachment=107606:IMG_0213.jpg][attachment=107607:IMG_0214.jpg]
[attachment=107613:IMG_0841.jpg][attachment=107614:IMG_1246.jpg][attachment=107615:IMG_0837.jpg][attachment=107616:IMG_0217.jpg][attachment=107617:IMG_0829.jpg][attachment=107618:IMG_2479.jpg][attachment=107619:IMG_2316.jpg]

Although I have my eyes on something, I would likely trade for a Spector Euro 5 preferably with poplar burl,zebrawood or spalted maple finishes.would consider other finishes too. (I miss my old Euro 5's)

Possibly a Warwick Streamer or Thumb 5. Let me know what you got

These are superb workhorse basses, the switch and eq options give great versatility even with the single pickup, fantastic neck on them too!
I loved mine!!

Edited by andydye