Why become a member? ×

Fender Roadworn Jazz WITHDRAWN

Rayman

Fender Roadworn Jazz, fantastic thing, but I just don't need 2 Jazzes. Plays great, lovely Jazz honk, superb neck very easy to play, and it's nice and light too, much lighter than my Geddy.

I'm looking for around £600, open to trades, I'd be interested in a nice 5er.

Genuinely reluctant on this one, but what's the point in having two Jazzes, I'd rather having something different, Lakland, Warwick maybe? OR........I'd like a nice guitar, Strat etc, but nothing pointy though, and I don't need any amps or effects thanks.

The old "I might withdraw it chestnut" , but....I might. Edited by Rayman

Hmmmmm, I do like these basses. I have a 60s classic player Stratocaster in sonic blue which has hardly been out of it's case since I bought it in 2006 when they originally came out. Very nice guitar made with US custom shop parts assembled in Mexico (a bit like the road worns). I could be persuaded to part with it if you wanted to trade (with some cash from my side).

This is a link to loads of videos about them

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3cIOSoNA_g&feature=related[/media]

And part 2

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNIfZfA3Rvc[/media]

Edited by gjones

Yeah, the neck is fabulous, best thing about it, and really, in keeping with the roadworn theme, Fender should do it with all the RW basses IMO. It's so smooth and easy to play, it's really lovely. The only reason for moving it on really is because I love my Geddy just that bit more, plus I prefer the 70s pup spacing.

All PMs replied to, thanks for all the interest.

Just to clarify, the neck was sanded by the previous owner on the back, which IMO, is in keeping with the roadworn vibe, and makes the bass so much more playable. It plays beautifully, and sounds fantastic.

[quote name='Rayman' timestamp='1335448220' post='1631342']
Thanks for the offer mate, but I'm just waiting for confirmation of a possible trade.
[/quote]

If it's that Stratocaster... I have one exactly the same, and it's lovely. Nice one. :)

But not as lovely as this Jazz... :gas:

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1335480377' post='1632139']
If it's that Stratocaster... I have one exactly the same, and it's lovely.
[/quote]

Actually it's not, it's another bass, but, as always, it's not over 'till the deal is done.

As I said, It's never over till the fat lady sings.......

Two deals fall through at the last minute, so it's still available, but I'm thinking seriously of keeping it now, I don't think it wants to leave.