Why become a member? ×

Another parts build, inspired by recent events.

Mr. Foxen

• 2 weeks later...

Like you, I can't be arsed to find the link.
Basically some company that makes hideously shaped basses and guitars got the arse about someone on BC selling a 30 year old instrument privately because it bears more than a passing resemblance to their design. The company in question and in particular thier owner are renowned for aggressively protecting their trademarked hideous design. As a result nobody can advertise an allegedly trademark infringing instrument, even if it was made before the trademark existed, and its a private sale, for a couple of hundred quid.

or something like that.

Anyways, this aggressive behaviour has resulted in the various Fake'n'bakers to increase in value due to the fact you cannot find one on the net anywhere! Nice one John :P

[quote name='brensabre79' timestamp='1335960138' post='1638581']
Like you, I can't be arsed to find the link.
Basically some company that makes hideously shaped basses and guitars got the arse about someone on BC selling a 30 year old instrument privately because it bears more than a passing resemblance to their design.
[/quote]

It was actually one of the newer, only a passing resemblance ones they got uptight about, rather than the almost perfect, and substantially improved in some areas, jobs. I take this to mean they have dropped their standards to below this entry level competition by this point.

The thread is stickied at top of basses for sale.