Why become a member? ×

Duck Dunn Fender Precision. A rare thing. Withdrawn.

karlfer

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1335196663' post='1627063']
Interesting link from one of the guys selling a Japanese P.
[url="http://www.mijfenders.com/frmBass.htm"]http://www.mijfenders.com/frmBass.htm[/url]
[/quote]

Your link is has an Edinburgh area code attached to it - 0131. I'll try to check it out but my feelings are it is this lot:

http://www.importedinstruments.com/edinburgh-store/info_1.html

Could well be Andy, I nicked the link off the chap who is selling a CIJ Precision :blush: .
Non exports are really getting to be silly expensive now, with increased VAT, huge delivery costs from Japan, price increases in Japan and all the import duties that go on top. Those guys prices are pretty reasonable.
2 years ago a Japanese non-export 75 re-issue with matched head stock would cost about £960 to your door. Now it's nearer £1380.
Second hand USA Fenders are currently tremendous value in the great scheme of things.
Still, this DD is rare so difficult to judge against other prices. Huge interest (average 260 views per day for 10 day) but nobody with the cash.
If Bob's FenderBird goes, this will be pulled.
Cheers,
Karl.
(mind you, VERY tempted by Cameltoe's P, I'm such a tart :lol: )

Edited by karlfer

Withdrawn, will be going on the Bay in the hope that I sell it whilst the FenderBird is up for sale.
After my feedback went belly up, pointless me trying to move anything on on here.
Thanks for everything peeps,
Karl.

[quote name='karlfer' timestamp='1335432278' post='1630857']
After my feedback went belly up, pointless me trying to move anything on on here.
Thanks for everything peeps,
Karl.
[/quote]

I wouldn't be too upset about the way your feedback thread has gone. There's always two sides to every story and I'm sure if someone reads your whole feedback thread they'll draw their own conclusions about your honesty and integrity.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1335432578' post='1630864']
I wouldn't be too upset about the way your feedback thread has gone. There's always two sides to every story and I'm sure if someone reads your whole feedback thread they'll draw their own conclusions about your honesty and integrity.
[/quote]

Agreed. Stay with it Karl.

Jez

+1 to the last three comments. I'm still new to this forum but like what I see. It's a great resource.

If I were looking to buy from you I would actually be impressed by your feedback rather than concerned. You appear to be a genuine seller prepared to go the extra mile when you can. Maybe put this one down to experience but don't regard your feedback as having gone "belly up". Far from it.

Edited by columbusrobbie