Why become a member? ×

Shep on Bass - Interviews about effects!

pantherairsoft

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1334698074' post='1620072']
Thanks for sharing on that German bass forum! ;) The statistics on my site told me I suddenly got a load of hits from a web server I'd never seen before so I went for a look. I recognised the profile pic! :)
[/quote]
you're welcome! :)

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1334698232' post='1620078']
I need to watch these.

Can you reveal hints of folk?;)
[/quote]

Watch? There are YouTube bids etc included but they are written articles... This would imply you have not yet read the 2 I have published and that means you are of my Christmas card list!!! ;-) lol.

Hints... Er.... Maybe...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1334700393' post='1620115']

Watch? There are YouTube bids etc included but they are written articles... This would imply you have not yet read the 2 I have published and that means you are of my Christmas card list!!! ;-) lol.

Hints... Er.... Maybe...
[/quote]

:) I shall read them in bed ;) did I see somewhere something about Taylor from IE doing an interview with ya? That would be tasty!

Just saw this thread and read the interview with Ry - good work sir, i'm looking forward to the next pedal builder features.

If anybody is remotely curious about Ry's pedals after reading this, i REALLY recommended checking them out. My grey stache is just awesome, definitely my fave pedal :)

[quote name='GazWills' timestamp='1334784712' post='1621380']
Just saw this thread and read the interview with Ry - good work sir, i'm looking forward to the next pedal builder features.

If anybody is remotely curious about Ry's pedals after reading this, i REALLY recommended checking them out. My grey stache is just awesome, definitely my fave pedal :)
[/quote]

Thanks bud! There are another 3 builder' interviews in the pipeline at the mo and it's something I intend to focus more one after these are done and published.

Ry's stuff is cool. I also have a Grey Stache on the way (With clipping options and an 'always-on' gate to eliminate feedback)...

let us know what you think, blows any other muff i've tried out the water! I have the gate on mine but with a toggle, i like cutting to a quieter, gated sound then straight back to full on fuzz!

which diodes did you go for? i have Ge and LED on mine... Ge gives a lovely, smooth low gain fuzz, found myself using this clipping almost as much as the stock setting. LED to my ears is really similar to the normal tone, only notice a bit of a difference when everything is pretty heavy/loud.

you have a PN-2 as well don't you - stache into that trem at some of the less subtle trem settings leads to immense goodness :)

[quote name='rOB' timestamp='1335471603' post='1631860']
great idea for a series of interviews. Thanks for putting the work in and sharing with the rest of us.
[/quote]

Thanks buddy. I have another 3 back and written up ready waiting on photo's from the interviewees so the next one will be up as soon as I have the visuals (pedalboard shots mainly).

[quote name='Mog' timestamp='1335471921' post='1631875']
Some great stuff in this already, looking forward to next installment.
Any chance of getting this pinned?
[/quote]

It can be pinned... Though I waiting for the new BassChat Blog to go live (link at the top by the calendar/shop etc) to see if I can post them all there. Soon as I know how that software works and looks we'll see wether its better pinned here or not.

Really excited to get more of these posted.

In that case...

I give you Oli Montez...

PLEASE BE AWARE - MY WEBSITE IS NOW CLOSED. THE INTERVIEWS CAN NOW BE FOUND HERE -> [url="http://simonpoulton.tumblr.com/sheponbass"]http://simonpoulton.....com/sheponbass[/url]

Oli is part of UK prog/ambient/noise outfit, Aulos.

The 1st thing you may notice is that Oli is a guitarist (plus a bit of synth!) but he fulfils the role of the guitar, bass, keys and general noise as part of a live set. These interviews are all about effects and if there is one thing Oli does well... it's effects!!!

Enjoy.

Edited by pantherairsoft