Why become a member? ×

Auditions - why are some musicians so damned rude to others?

molan

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1334138906' post='1611338']
Yes, IME. Went for an audition with a well-established pro band a couple of weeks ago (didn't get it!) and they and their organisation were absolutely polite, courteous and very professional indeed.
[/quote]

But you were dealing with their "organisation" - people who actually have people skills like managers etc not musicians.

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1334141729' post='1611401']
But you were dealing with their "organisation" - people who actually have people skills like managers etc not musicians.
[/quote]

True, but when I met the band personally, they were also very charming and at no time behaved 'unprofessionally'. :)

Edited by discreet

My last audition was 5 years ago. The mp3's sounded fantastic so I put extra effort in to learning them. I even allowed myself to be a little hopeful. When I turned up the singer didn't know his own songs, the guitarist hadn't listened to any of the numbers and the rest of the band didn't turn up! The guy from the record company was very embarrassed and apologetic.

I was disappointed, but after all these years, I wasn't surprised. If they'd have said yes, I'd have said no.

Just file these people under "Tossers" and move on There are loads of nice people/players out there, you've just got to find them. .

Quick update from me :)

I took a few people's advice & have had a go at setting up a new band & already have drums, keys & lead guitar sorted!

We're getting together next week to discuss material & what we need to finish the line-up - obviously a singer (or two) is going to be needed as only the drummer can sing out of the four of us & we are not going to start a Phil Collins tribute band, lol.

Looks like we will be auditioning for some singers so I'll make sure we handle it really professionally. . .

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1334147307' post='1611545']
Quick update from me :)

I took a few people's advice & have had a go at setting up a new band & already have drums, keys & lead guitar sorted!

We're getting together next week to discuss material & what we need to finish the line-up - obviously a singer (or two) is going to be needed as only the drummer can sing out of the four of us & we are not going to start a Phil Collins tribute band, lol.

Looks like we will be auditioning for some singers so I'll make sure we handle it really professionally. . .
[/quote]

If you get famous we all want a cut :)