Why become a member? ×

Hello from..erm..Telford....

BassCrusader

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi everyone[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Just doing the polite thing and saying hi, having just 'enrolled' after being a long-time lurker![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I'm an accountant in the day so my bass playing is my 'alter-ego' if you like. Been playing since the mid-eighties though nowhere near as good as that would suggest! Main influence at the time was John Taylor - still the case to a large extent, but can add Mike Dirnt and Chris Wolstehome to the list...[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Gear as it stands is an Ibanez SR300 and Marshall MB30 combo. Pedals are Bass Big Muff Pi and Boss Bass Chorus and looking to add a Boss equaliser to the collection plus whetver else I fancy that SWMBO allows....[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]One day I would like to own an Aria SB1000 - an original, not one of the re-issues currently showing up on the 'Bay....[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ooh....and a Trace Elliot......[/font][/color]

Hello BassCrusader, and welcome. Quite apart from your impressive gear and long-term love affair with bass, I see you also have photography in your interests: take a look at Off Topic, there is a monthly photo competition for BC members. You're very welcome to join us - It's great fun!

Thanks for the welcomes!

Dean; Agreed on the JT basslines - used to have most of the 'hits' nailed (except the breakdown in 'Rio' - could never quite do that!) but have had something like a 15 year break from playing. Only picked up the SR last year when my lad started playing guitar, so working my way back!

I notice you have a Kubicki Factor - a nod to JT perchance? Beautiful bass - never seen it in that turquoise before. Think that may now be added to my wish list!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello there - I'm a corporate man by day (bass demon!?!) maybe not! by night. I live down the road from you, Not far from Wolves. Even though I'm a metal head, I love John Taylors bass lines. I play an Aria but not the SB unfortunately. What do you think of the Big Muff? I've been considering investing in one.

Cheers

K.

Thanks for the welcomes - did all my intro then went quiet!

Kendall - the Big Muff is pretty good and you can get some great sounds, but (like any FX I guess) take some time to get used to a 'dial in' a good tone.

It basically can go from "is it actually doing anything?" to "Holy sh*t, what the hell is that god-awful noise?". But then, that second one tends to be the response of SWMBO when I'm playing! Personally, I have more fun playing with the Chorus pedal!

Edited by BassCrusader

• 3 weeks later...