Why become a member? ×

'73 4001 - no longer for sale.

Stacker

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1334996555' post='1624441']
I would proably have gone for this rather than Beedster's look-alike Gherson faker....
[/quote]

Which is exactly what I suggested you should do when we first spoke about the Faker mate :rolleyes:

[quote name='Stacker' timestamp='1334997649' post='1624455']
Thx, Clarky, though I'm glad you bit on Beedster's Gherson cos that allowed him to buy my V63 which allowed me to buy...(runs out of breath!)
[/quote]:) The BassChat circle of life

[quote name='Stacker' timestamp='1334997649' post='1624455']
Thx, Clarky, though I'm glad you bit on Beedster's Gherson cos that allowed him to buy my V63 which allowed me to buy...(runs out of breath!)
[/quote]

Ah, the cycle of life.........

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1334997740' post='1624457']
:) The BassChat circle of life
[/quote]
[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1334997747' post='1624458']
Ah, the cycle of life.........
[/quote]

You and I need to go into couple therapy mate :D

Arrrrgh. I really want this bass but I am so in up to my neck on my new custom order. Consider a trade on some pedals and studio gear? I love the 4001s...

Political stuff aside, these basses do an incredible job in a way that no other bass can. They sound so good with flats its untrue...

Edited by Cairobill

[quote name='Cairobill' timestamp='1335008616' post='1624635']
Arrrrgh. I really want this bass but I am so in up to my neck on my new custom order. Consider a trade on some pedals and studio gear? I love the 4001s...

Political stuff aside, these basses do an incredible job in a way that no other bass can. They sound so good with flats its untrue...
[/quote]

Sorry, Bill. Got anything else??

I never ran a 4001 with flats but they do sound good with them: 'Hotel California' by The Eagles and 'Turning Japanese' by The Vapors, which is [i][b]the[/b][/i] Rick flats tone!!!

Thomastiks work very well.

To be honest I've never enjoyed round wounds on rics. They occupy too much of the frequency spectrum and clash with guitars/voice etc in the mix. Flats are a different story. you have growly mids and edge but lose the hi end interference in the mix. And the bottom end is something to behold.

I'll have look around my stuff but I don't have any instruments left apart from the Rick and a db...argh...

[quote name='vax2002' timestamp='1334611945' post='1618673']
Music shops are struggling to shift them as well, my local has had a jetglow for nearly a year now and the guy says he looks like loosing money on it, he's tried e.bay several times and he says £1250 would shift it out, which is not bad for a brand new one.
[/quote]
Which music shop? I might tyake a new one for that?
Steve

vax2002

You're posting a lot on this forum and slagging Rick prices; you have also slagged off the condition of this bass without seeing it. Please don't post on any of my threads again, fella: I'm trying to sell this bass without a troll f***ing it up.

[quote name='Stacker' timestamp='1335040142' post='1625180']
vax2002

You're posting a lot on this forum and slagging Rick prices; you have also slagged off the condition of this bass without seeing it. Please don't post on any of my threads again, fella: I'm trying to sell this bass without a troll f***ing it up.
[/quote]

Yeah i noticed that too,
well said and have a bump for a bargain!

Edited by walplayer

Yeah, sorry Stacker if my post was inappropriate too, didn't think about it. I know there are rules on here about discussing prices of gear, and quite rightly. I was just wondering who was selling them for that low, certainly I've never seen it. Hope all goes well with the sale.
Steve

[quote name='Steve Spector' timestamp='1335043727' post='1625230']
Yeah, sorry Stacker if my post was inappropriate too, didn't think about it. I know there are rules on here about discussing prices of gear, and quite rightly. I was just wondering who was selling them for that low, certainly I've never seen it. Hope all goes well with the sale.
Steve
[/quote]
No, you wre cool, mate. No probs. :)