Why become a member? ×

'73 4001 - no longer for sale.

Stacker

Ok, right now these are for sale so someone take them off my hands, please!

August 2000 4001V63 in Fireglo and an August 1973 4001. The 4001 was originally black but at some point it was stripped back to natural; it currently retains the natural look with a tung oil and wax finish. Original hardware bar the reissue horsie and a 7-screw bridge assembly. The selector switch tip has recently fractured and there is a weird resin fill on the rear side of the cresting wave. This bass has a [i]very[/i] slim neck and a refret is due. Neck nice and straight and strung with .040 - .095. The first inlay is rising up a little bit but there is nothing wrong with the truss rods, at all. Comes with non-RIC case.[b] No longer for sale.[/b]

The V63 is in good condition bar some guitar stand damage on the base which has been touched up. There are no other issues. This bass has the fuller neck profile and again is strung .040 - .095. Comes with silver RIC case. Looking for £1500. [b]Sold!![/b]

I've had many Ricks these past ten years since my GAS for them was re-ignited. But RIC QC and excuses, the rabid Rickenwaffen fanboi sabre-rattling and now the unbelievable story of the Kasuga Rickenfaker seller on this forum sees me moving them on. And before anyone sparks up citing this sale as an impetuous reaction, bear in mind I've floated these guys before; John Hall's behaviour towards the Kasuga seller was the catalsyt for me moving them on for good!

Not considering trades, now, as have just picked up an acoustic I've been after for a while

Coupla pix up for now but PM me if you require more. . I am also willing to consider payment options.

Edited by Stacker

Good luck Stacker, admire the courage of your convictions.
Admire the V63 even more, that looks fantastic, stunning, gorgeous :gas: . Only thing to offer is two immaculate Bergantino's :( unless you fancy a Kasuga in part ex :lol: .

Good luck with the sale, I need to lie down in a dark corner now.

Thatnks for the sentiments, guys.

Selling these could not have come at a mor opportune moment as I was in GuitarGuitar (Edinburgh) yesterday and saw this below. Sure, it's not bass content but I've been hankering for one for a while!

Edited by Stacker

[quote name='Stacker' timestamp='1333176244' post='1598343']
Thatnks for the sentiments, guys.

Selling these could not have come at a mor opportune moment as I was in GuitarGuitar (Edinburgh) yesterday and saw this below. Sure, it's not bass content but I've been hankering for one for a while!
[/quote]
it's a guitar!

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1333184016' post='1598417']
it's a guitar!
[/quote]

hehe, I know, but I've been after a good s/h Guild D-55 for quite some time! As such, no longer considering trades.

Edited by Stacker

V63 hold removed. Price reduced to £1500 and photo of bass in case added. C'mon, guys, this is an excellent price!

Also, as a matter of interest, I also have a Ric 660-12 Tom Petty and 660DCm 75th Anniversary coming on the market,

Edited by Stacker

No-one's got any money mate, some of the stuff I've seen sell on eBay at ludicrous prices makes me want to cry (partly as I have no money), plus a lot of stuff selling on here isn't going for anything like the advertised price..

I think you should entertain PX deals with cheaper instruments that might be easier to sell........ :D

Just had another 'hold' back out on the V63!!!

Beedster, not everybody can skint, surely? Anyhow, I'll open this to offers for a few days only, say till Monday, as I have to make a decision about the D-55 by then.

Edited by Stacker

[quote name='blackadder' timestamp='1333964064' post='1608693']
'73 4001 and '00 4001V63FG [u][i]for sale only:[/i][/u] meaning you're not open to any trades?
[/quote]

Sorry, just read in you initial post you're verry words saying that you're not interested in any trades. :)

[quote name='blackadder' timestamp='1333964199' post='1608698']
Sorry, just read in you initial post you're verry words saying that you're not interested in any trades. :)
[/quote]

That's right, mate. I need to realise money from these basses. I've been getting some [i]seriously[/i] low-ball offers on the V63 (not, however, on this forum) and I'd rather trade it than give it away.

Anyone? Good for a resto project, as well. This has got to go and Iv'e changed my mind about parting it out, so make me a reasonable offer?

Also, trades considered are:-

USA Jazz
Fretless L2/XL2 Steinberger
USA RI Strat

Or P/X MIJ versions of the above Fenders.

Mind made up, Chris. Must admit to a teary eye when I boxed up the V63 but with the vision of that bawbag - he whose name should not be spoken!! - still in my mind, I know I'm right to let 'em go.

Also need to shift:-

RIC 660DCM 75th Anniversary. Pristine; I am the original owner.

RIC 660-12TP Tom Petty Signature. Pristine; I am second owner.

These fellas are advertised elsewhere on this forum and also outside of it.