Why become a member? ×

Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn 5 String- SOLD

Old Horse Murphy

I bought this off TimmyC a while back, but for some reason I just can't get on with Laklands. I don't know what it is, but I've tried the Bob Hollness, Darryl Hannah and now the kelly Osborn signatures buth they're just not for me.

This is immaculate and is a beautiful bass. It's got the classic Jazz sound and the neck is really slim and comfortable for a 5 stringer.

(Thanks to TimmyC for the excellent photos!!)

Edited by Old Horse Murphy

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='174471' date='Apr 11 2008, 12:32 PM']So, basically, what have you got?[/quote]

How about a Waterstone Tom Petersson 12-String in cherry? I'm playing in a punky band and it's never getting used, seems a shame. I'm on the market for a five, although I was thinking about a DJ5, but this could be an adequate stopgap.
P

[quote name='NancyJohnson' post='174999' date='Apr 12 2008, 08:49 AM']How about a Waterstone Tom Petersson 12-String in cherry? I'm playing in a punky band and it's never getting used, seems a shame. I'm on the market for a five, although I was thinking about a DJ5, but this could be an adequate stopgap.
P[/quote]
Adequate stop gap?? Jeez....

THanks for the offer, but I'm really looking for a 4 stringer (possibly 5)

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='175405' date='Apr 12 2008, 08:26 PM']Adequate stop gap?? Jeez....

THanks for the offer, but I'm really looking for a 4 stringer (possibly 5)[/quote]

Hey, sorry to sound so flippant, but I'm gonna be mortgage free very soon and also a bit flush so some new gear is high on the list.

I've not really thrown any swag at gear in a few years and my existing stuff is a bit tired and in desperate need of a facelift. I want to get back to a five string as a primary bass and while my first choice is a DJ5, I like the JO5 a lot too so will likely pick one of those up as well. I have a looooong shopping list (being serious here: Geddy/JB75/DJ5/Thunderbird/Streamer 5, plus new POD X3/poweramp/cabs), so adequate stopgap, yes.
P

[quote name='Voodoosnake' post='175462' date='Apr 12 2008, 10:21 PM']WOW, what a looker

Love the Lakland. All I got to offer is my trusty MM Stingray 2004 Black with rosewood F/b. I know you have some of these so I aint holding out much hope.

She is lovely tho

Cheers

Col[/quote]
Sorry Col, one Ray 4 stringer is enough for me.

Mart, I've fitted a mirrored guard on this and took it to rehearsal this afternoon. It looks fantastic andplays really well and I had a blast today. Very different from the DJ5 and personally I htink it plays a lot easier and feels more comfoortable (sounds better too). If it doesn't go soon, I'm going to gig it on Thursday night and make a decision on whether I keep hold of it.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='175867' date='Apr 13 2008, 09:04 PM']Kinda like that Lake Placid Blue... How about a Corvette $$ or an MIA S1 Jazz in Candy Cola?[/quote]

I've got a Jazz on it's way (much to Martthebass' amusement!!). Don't know much about Corvettes I must admit.

Let me see what I can find out and I'll maybe PM you...

[quote name='dougal' post='175962' date='Apr 13 2008, 11:26 PM']How about a Bongo 5 in sapphire black?

I'm in Surrey too so if you wanted to do a swap for a bit to see how it suits us both I'd be up for that..?

[/quote]

Very interested Dougal. I'm going to give the JO a run-out on Thursday night to see how I get on.

I'm in a bit of a quandry as Jon Shuker has given me an ETA of end of April now (we'll see....) so I'll have a 5 Stringer then. I guess I need to decide whether I need 2 or them or if I can cut down to just one.

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='177071' date='Apr 15 2008, 02:45 PM']Thanks very much for the endorsement Mr Thumbs :)[/quote]

Have a weekend BUMP Nick.

I cant believe she aint been snapped up. A real beauty

[quote name='Voodoosnake' post='180182' date='Apr 18 2008, 10:11 PM']Have a weekend BUMP Nick.

I cant believe she aint been snapped up. A real beauty[/quote]

Thanks Col- much appreciated.

I took it to rehearsal last night along with my Jazz bass I bought off Richardd with the money I made selling my 76 P Bass.

It's an amazing player and the Lakland pickups sound massive and way louder than the Fender. It's so easy to play as well. The low B is really tight and very defined.

Honestly, if I'd bought this before I ordered the Shuker 5 string, I don't think I would ever have spoken to Jon!!

As it is though, I've decided this has got to go as I want to get down to 3 basses in total. I don't know why, but I just do.

As a result, this is up for sale rather than trade.

I'm asking £600 for it (buyer collects or I'll meet half-way or something), including 2 new pickguards I had made for it (one mirrored and one black) plus a set of Joe Osborn Flatwounds (unused).

I've added a pic of the bass with the mirrored guard. well I like it anyway....

[quote name='Rodbass' post='180258' date='Apr 19 2008, 12:56 AM']Hi Nick, is your bass still for sale? If so, would you take Paypal and ship to Belfast? Cheers, Rod.[/quote]

Hi Rod

Lots of interest, but still available. I've shipped to Belfast in the past, so would have no problem doing so again.

There's no case with the bass, so I'd probably want to detach the neck and send it, but I'm sure we can agree something