Why become a member? ×

Mini Polytune

lxxwj

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1331723450' post='1577634']
I'll ask - I'm sure US retailers have a date now though.
[/quote]
I think I'll just order one from the above mentioned site, as long as "free shipping" as it says
really means free shipping.
..Oh wait, it's free shipping to the UK. :damn:
Erm, yes, I would appreciate you asking for me. :)

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1331723748' post='1577640']
I think I'll just order one from the above mentioned site, as long as "free shipping" as it says
really means free shipping.
..Oh wait, it's free shipping to the UK. :damn:
Erm, yes, I would appreciate you asking for me. :)
[/quote]

TC Say they are shipping as we speak to be in stores for sale before the end of the month!

So I'm the only one completely put off by the fact that it doesn't do the poly tuning mode for bass? The poly mode is the only reason I bought the full-size one, and I was doing to swap it out for the smaller one until I realised it would be a downgrade, in reality.

[quote name='cm261' timestamp='1331798393' post='1578866']
So I'm the only one completely put off by the fact that it doesn't do the poly tuning mode for bass? The poly mode is the only reason I bought the full-size one, and I was doing to swap it out for the smaller one until I realised it would be a downgrade, in reality.
[/quote]Oh. I didn't realise this. I thought it has same functionality as its slightly older and bigger brother. That's a bummer, I'd really like the smaller one for myu pedalboard and the poly-mode functioality is a really handy quick-check between songs.

Yeah this is a stripped down version of the big brother in terms if size, features and price. It tunes poly for guitar and chromatic for both with most basic detunings programmed. That said mine tunes E,A,D,G in poly perfectly (though not my B or C) even though they say it shouldn't!

No USB on the mini either so no future updates would be possible.

I only ever used the original as a chromatic tuner anyway. I bought it as I preferred the display to all the others on the market - so I got the mini for the same purpose an the display is still very clear.

The large one has been demoted to home/practice/back up an the mini is now on my board.

Just to jump on the back of this topic - if anyone is thinking of "upgrading" (or downgrading, depending on your point of view) from the Polytune to the mini, I'm on the lookout for a regular Polytune pedal, so let me know if you're selling.

[quote name='cm261' timestamp='1331798393' post='1578866']
[/quote]

What? how crap is that?

Just got my mini polytune. It's so cute! Don't care if it is a downgrade or lacks polyphonic functionailty, this is a tiny little must-have on anyones board. Also for me the clearest in-gig tuning display of any stompy pedal and fast response.
Did I mention how cute it is?

[quote name='Al Heeley' timestamp='1332768562' post='1592775']
Just got my mini polytune. It's so cute! Don't care if it is a downgrade or lacks polyphonic functionailty, this is a tiny little must-have on anyones board. Also for me the clearest in-gig tuning display of any stompy pedal and fast response.
Did I mention how cute it is?
[/quote]Used mine for the first time this Saturday , and I agree with all of the above .