Why become a member? ×

FS Dingwall Afterburner II 5str £2000

MozzaRellum

• 2 weeks later...

I see the ABII made it's long journey safely. No sign of the Vampyre yet (gotta get rid of the garlic) but it is in the US, apparently... can't wait!

It's really too bad you can't keep the Dingwall. It is a sweet bass! Fantastic tone and playability and that one is in mint shape. Good luck with the sale. Someone is going to get a truly wonderful instrument.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a very good price considering that a new one of those whould set you back at least £3500 in English pounds (f*** me that's about €4199!!) If I didn't have an exactly similar one I'd be biting your hand off for it.

Lovely baby by the way! Congrats

Edited by Grand Wazoo

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Torben Hedstrøm' timestamp='1334696351' post='1620019']
I would really love to try one of these... Looks very cool with the fretwork, can't really imagine what it must me like to play it...
[/quote]

Surprisingly similar to playing any other high-quality bass, actually. Didn't take me long to adjust at all.

[quote name='Torben Hedstrøm' timestamp='1334696351' post='1620019']
I would really love to try one of these... Looks very cool with the fretwork, can't really imagine what it must be like to play it...
[/quote]

As said previously, I tried one and like it very much. The fanned frets make it very easy to play, and the different scale lengths give a very even stiffness and balance across the strings. This is great price, but still out of my range unfortunately, otherwise I'd snap this up!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...