Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** - G&L L2000T (now with extra pics!)

Jakester

For Sale - my beloved L2000T, only on its way out owing to the impulse purchase of a USA L2500!

Bought from "solo4652" (Steve) of this very parish in April 2011, loved, cared for and caressed since then.

(Rather hastily-taken) pics:

It's a very attractively figured "Swamp Ash" natural gloss lacquer with a maple fingerboard, all the usual L2000T accoutrements, and yes, I know the sofa is untidy!

Looking for £375 ono, can post at your cost but would prefer not to if at all possible, based in Brum but get around to nearabouts St Albans from time-to-time.

Edited by Jakester

[quote name='Jakester' timestamp='1328740667' post='1532109']
....the left L2500T was with me very briefly whilst I realised I couldn't play 5-string - that's now changed, very much for the better with the new (and very orange) USAL2500!....
[/quote]

Any chance of posting piccies of the Orange L2500 when you get it? I used to have one in exactly the same colour and it'd be interesting to see if it's one and the same. Can't be that many Orange L2500's kicking around...

T

Thangyew for the kind comments! MB1 - it is a corker, it's just a shame I don't have unlimited fundage to keep them all! ES, glad the 5er Tribby's still floating your boat.

Tony, will do - the fella I bought it from told me he bought it from new in 1998, and had all the case candy etc. I'll do a NBD on it when I get a chance.

One slighly inane PM thus far - come on people, this is a corker of a bass!

Oh, I want it!
I had the L2500 and let it go because 5strings are not my thing and preferred another, but I decided I would buy an L2000 when I had the chance, if it's natural and maple...

I would have to sell my Squier Precision CV60 fiesta red, with John East P-Retro preamp, before I can go for this bass, though...

[quote name='mcnach' timestamp='1328797229' post='1532782']
Oh, I want it!
I had the L2500 and let it go because 5strings are not my thing and preferred another, but I decided I would buy an L2000 when I had the chance, if it's natural and maple...

I would have to sell my Squier Precision CV60 fiesta red, with John East P-Retro preamp, before I can go for this bass, though...
[/quote]

Well, it's definitely natural, maple and still for sale...!

The only reason I sold this was because I bought a USA L2000 which I thought would be a better bass. Frankly, in a noisy band setting, I would prefer the natural/maple L2000 Tribute because it cuts through more. Mistake made, lesson learned. *Sigh*

Steve