Why become a member? ×

.. an even more ultimate FLEA.. (?)

eubassix

OK, this is a little different to the conventional FLEA (with the single soapbar) - but it does have a very nice top and IS a Flea body (.. and neck, I think). It has an additional fret and is sort of cloned with the Modulus VJ series of basses. Twin Bartolini J's and with Vol., Pan, and 3EQ. Very nice (?).:-

Edited by eubassix

[quote name='eubassix' date='Apr 4 2008, 05:41 PM' post='169924']
OK, this is a little different to the conventional FLEA (with the single soapbar) - but it does have a very nice top and IS a Flea body (.. and neck, I think). It has an additional fret and is sort of cloned with the Modulus VJ series of basses. Twin Bartolini J's and with Vol., Pan, and 3EQ. Very nice (?).:-

We supplied a Flea 4 with this finish without a scratch plate attached (though we did order one to come with the bass just in case the owner decided they wanted one) but with the usual Seymour Duncan Basslines MM pickup (made exclusively for this instrument as a direct copy of the original Lane Poor pickup) about 18 months ago.

It certainly looks cool. I'll try and see if we took some photos...

The customer adores it!

Ciao

Ian

Edited by SMART

[quote name='eubassix' post='169924' date='Apr 4 2008, 05:41 PM']OK, this is a little different to the conventional FLEA (with the single soapbar) - but it does have a very nice top and IS a Flea body (.. and neck, I think). It has an additional fret and is sort of cloned with the Modulus VJ series of basses. Twin Bartolini J's and with Vol., Pan, and 3EQ. Very nice (?).:-[/quote]
Nice looking bass! Any ideas about when it might be in the classifieds then Dave? :) :huh:

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='169937' date='Apr 4 2008, 06:08 PM']Nice looking bass! Any ideas about when it might be in the classifieds then Dave? :) :huh:[/quote]
I was gonna say the same. I cant imagine how stunning that would look in the flesh cos i've never seen a photo do quilt justice.

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='169937' date='Apr 4 2008, 06:08 PM']Nice looking bass! Any ideas about when it might be in the classifieds then Dave? :) :huh:[/quote]

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='169946' date='Apr 4 2008, 06:23 PM']I was gonna say the same. I cant imagine how stunning that would look in the flesh cos i've never seen a photo do quilt justice.[/quote]

... whadya mean ?!!..... (LOL) - I can catagorically state that this bass is NOT for sale .. until I check up on another post-Frankfurt bass (with one already in-the-pipeline).
Good to know that it's not such a unique/one-off FLEA (.. although maybe that would be best?...) and that it's similar to (but significantly different from) a 'smart' special. I feel that the JJ + active/3-EQ offers a lot more to the bass - but this is, of course/as usual - a stricly personal view. The simple Fender 'ish + slot-in bridge works well and the neck (very J-like / 1.5" nut) does have truss-rod adjustment. Weight is reasonable @ 9.2 lbs.

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='169946' date='Apr 4 2008, 06:23 PM']I was gonna say the same. I cant imagine how stunning that would look in the flesh cos i've never seen a photo do quilt justice.[/quote]

The light available for this Modulus Flea 4 in BlackStone was not too brill but see what you think...

Ciao

Ian

[quote name='Crazykiwi' post='170011' date='Apr 4 2008, 08:57 PM']do you have one in red over blue perchance?[/quote]

Nice combination but no, Modulus custom builds all our basses to order as everyone wants something a bit different but we have some silver, blue and the fantastic new orange flake Flea 4's coming in the next 2-3 months all the same hardware spec as used by Flea.

We also have the same sunburst finish that Flea is currently using coming soon as well. They'll all go quickly when they arrive...

Hope that helps!

Ciao

Ian

[quote name='spree' post='170038' date='Apr 4 2008, 10:03 PM']lane poor pup?[/quote]

Lane Poor pups stopped being made when he went out biz some years ago now. The guys at Modulus then took one of those superb pups to their friends at Seymour Duncan who then made a copy of it which is now supplied as the standard pup for the Flea bass and only for this bass (it is not available separately from Seymour Duncan's Basslines series only with a Modulus Flea bass).

So you're getting the same pickup but made by Seymour Duncan. Original Lane Poor Flea bass pups are now extremely rare.

Hope that helps!

Ciao

Ian

[quote name='SMART' post='170062' date='Apr 4 2008, 11:21 PM']Lane Poor pups stopped being made when he went out biz some years ago now. The guys at Modulus then took one of those superb pups to their friends at Seymour Duncan who then made a copy of it which is now supplied as the standard pup for the Flea bass and only for this bass (it is not available separately from Seymour Duncan's Basslines series only with a Modulus Flea bass).

So you're getting the same pickup but made by Seymour Duncan. Original Lane Poor Flea bass pups are now extremely rare.

Hope that helps!

Ciao

Ian[/quote]

I see

Will it come with a BadAss II bridge then?

[quote name='beerdragon' post='171797' date='Apr 7 2008, 09:44 PM']And the price? going to have a guess at... haven't a clue.[/quote]

Approx £1620 including Modulus hard case and UK mainland 24 hour courier delivery. A really cooool bass!

Ciao

Ian

Edited by SMART

• 3 weeks later...