Why become a member? ×

Roscoe LG Signature V

pantherairsoft

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1330193575' post='1554050']
That's a beautiful piece of wood, Roscoe seem to have a stash of truely excellent looking Buckeye.
[/quote]

They do indeed - I had quite a choice when picking mine out. Look at this badboy:
[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Roscoe%20LG%20Signature%20V/f6231d95.jpg[/IMG]

:-)

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1330373075' post='1556459']
I just saw on the blog it'll be strung E-C.
After playing the 6'er with that big B! surely you'll miss that? I would have though tthe low B is more important than a high C??
[/quote]

Its been a real tough decision that one! True the Roscoe B is MASSIVE but with Our Helical Mind I actually use the B very little as I am generally playing an Octave higher with the sub octave pedal (so using the range of the B string without using the string). For the last few shows I've actually only used the B on 1 tune. I actually use the C quite a lot though with all the harmony and ambient stuff and would miss that far more.

The Hipshot Xtender will let me drop the E string to a B nice and easy, though I don't expect it to have the impact of the low B on my fretless you heard the other day. It will at least there for when I do need it and do other musical stuff away from the core of my music. At the end of the day, I can always restring and set up again. In reality the 32" B will still be great, but never as massive as the 35" scale B.

I will miss that 'growl' though! (Thats why you need to buy it so I can nip down the road and borrow it every so often! :-)).

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1330373986' post='1556477']
I will miss that 'growl' though! (Thats why you need to buy it so I can nip down the road and borrow it every so often! :-)).
[/quote]

Not even kidding when I say that I dreamt of busting some bit tunes out on it!
I guess you are right though, for a someone like myself(still stuck in traditional land) a B makes more sense than a high C. Although if I end up with the 6 I could do more chord work and still do massive huge B(it) riffs.
*drools on laptop*

Can't wait to see/hear your new one though, the craftmanship is amazing on the century so much attention to detail, only matched by it's --sound.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1330470575' post='1558155']

Not even kidding when I say that I dreamt of busting some bit tunes out on it!
I guess you are right though, for a someone like myself(still stuck in traditional land) a B makes more sense than a high C. Although if I end up with the 6 I could do more chord work and still do massive huge B(it) riffs.
*drools on laptop*

Can't wait to see/hear your new one though, the craftmanship is amazing on the century so much attention to detail, only matched by it's --sound.
[/quote]

Thanks dude, they are stunning sounding instruments.

I was hoping to have some progress shots now but they seem to be playing hard to get ;-)

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1330782008' post='1562921']
Thanks dude, they are stunning sounding instruments.

I was hoping to have some progress shots now but they seem to be playing hard to get ;-)
[/quote]

Well they're not going to show you any sneak peaks of the special paint job I slipped them a fiver to do for you are they?!

I told them all about your love for Mr Blobby colour schemes ;)

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1330782439' post='1562934']
Well they're not going to show you any sneak peaks of the special paint job I slipped them a fiver to do for you are they?!

I told them all about your love for Mr Blobby colour schemes ;)
[/quote]

Awesome! They refused to do pink and green for me! Thanks for talking them around....

• 1 month later...

There's news... But not great news. I was hoping to of seen some lovely bass nearing completion, but the company that Roscoe use for custom cutting and slotting (outside of the tolerances/set ups of their machines), which I think is anything under 33" (and likely anything over 36") scale, have gone bust :(

As they are the guys that have done all the work on rarer scale lengths for Keith and the guys, they now need to find another source/establish a new relationship with someone else who's work they can rely upon. As such, until the right person is found... This is going nowhere :(

I do appreciate (and am thankful for the fact) that they have not just sent the bass to anyone that says they can do a good job. They want it to be up to their usual standard.

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1334052137' post='1610026']
Not great news but maybe it's an opportunity to nick/buy the machine off of the company that did it before?
[/quote]

Possibly... Knowing the perfectionism of the team though they would then want 12 months to ensure every single cut is to the same level as the ones they have been producing since time began! lol. We'll see what happens in the near future...

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1334226858' post='1612740']
Lol... Gard is on the hunt today. It's priority number 1 so hopefully not too long. Today was the aimed for completion day (stock shipment left today for Bass Direct which they hoped this would be a part of) so I know they are eager to get this moving!
[/quote]

Cool, well I hope it moves along quickly for you mate, looking forward to a good perv at it once it's done ;)