Why become a member? ×

Mark Bass Little Mark 3 Hard cases for £15

la bam

Evening all,

I was in B&Q today where I found the perfect hard case for my Little Mark 3 head.

It a JCB box for keeping screws, nuts and bolts in, which has 9 removable compartments.

Simply remove 6 of them and its an absolute perfect fit for the Little Mark 3 head. Im not sure if its the same dimensions as a LM2?

I modified the remaining 3 trays (removed 1 and cut off the sides of the other 2 to give a continuous tray.

Just by doing that is a near perfect fit - especially with the lit being a flat flush fit to the top of the main compartment (to stop nails and screws falling out) use the large compartment for the amp head and the tray for cables. But I added a thin piece of bubble wrap and gaffa tape to the inside of the lid and the amp just does not move a millimetre when in transit.

All for £15 and 15 minutes work!! Nice sturdy case, flush fit and good heavy duty handle.

Being made by JCB its actually in Mark Bass Black and Yellow too!!!

These boxes were on special offer, so snap them up quick!

Edited by la bam

What are the lid latches like? Are they... robust?
Looks like it's known as the 'JCB Large Organiser':
[url="http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/handtools-storage-workwear/tool-storage-workbenches/tool-storage/organisers/JCB-Large-Organiser-11247779"]http://www.diy.com/n...aniser-11247779[/url]
Thanks for this! :)

Edited by discreet

That looks like the one!

The latches are great - metal, and secure with a proper 'clunk' - theyre not cheap plastic ones and id be fairly confident theyll last a long time, as long as you keep it free from pressure. The handle is very good quality too.

The yellow compartments are just loose, so just take them out, and its the perfect fit.

I glued the ones in the photo on the right down and gaffa taped them in, so the areas are always constant.

Stick a Mark Bass logo on the front of the box and its worth a fortune! :)

Edited by la bam

Yeh good luck, hope it fits. Dont know if the 2 and 3 are the same dimensions, if they then youre luck, nice one.

Let us know about the LM2 - potentially loads of owners of those might want one!

Edited by la bam

[quote name='la bam' timestamp='1327594937' post='1513971']
Don't know if the 2 and 3 are the same dimensions, if they then youre luck, nice one.
[/quote]

According to markbass.it the LMII and LMIII are exactly the same dimensions, as is the LM250.

Edited by discreet

• 6 months later...