Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic "Mini Polytune" at NAMM 2012

danweb22

• 4 weeks later...

Arrived from TC Electronic today (I won it on the facebook 'best pedalboard' competition)...

[IMG]http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/pantherairsoft/Amp%20Cab%20Pedals/235c2a4a.jpg[/IMG]

Cool little thing. Polymode not available for a bass though - so It's strictly only a Chromatic tuner for bassists.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1329218675' post='1538865']
Polymode not available for a bass though - so It's strictly only a Chromatic tuner for bassists.
[/quote]

I find it odd that polymode is not available for bass.
Although, I don't use that mode on my full size PolyTune very often...

I spoke to Jes @ TC about it and it's due tot he space. They had to lob off certain features to fit the board inside. Feedback was that hardly any bassists use the poly mode so they cut that out. Something had to give for them to make the tiny version basicially.

No USB for future updates etc either.

It is being sold as a 'stripped down' Polytune, in size and features - It's a little cheaper than the full size one and really is for those on a space budget for small boards or that doesn't need as many advanced tuning functions.

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1329220100' post='1538900']
I spoke to Jes @ TC about it and it's due tot he space. They had to lob off certain features to fit the board inside. Feedback was that hardly any bassists use the poly mode so they cut that out. Something had to give for them to make the tiny version basicially.

No USB for future updates etc either.

It is being sold as a 'stripped down' Polytune, in size and features - It's a little cheaper than the full size one and really is for those on a space budget for small boards or that doesn't need as many advanced tuning functions.
[/quote]

Yeah, makes sense.

[quote name='lxxwj' timestamp='1329222601' post='1538959']
On a *slightly* unrelated note, does anyone know when Polytunes
will get drop D software? The Mini's have it already apparently..
[/quote]

Have you tried emailing about the public beta?
[email="[email protected]"][color=red][size=4]polytune[/size][/color][email protected][/email]

Edited by bartelby

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1329244423' post='1539543']
Works perfectly as a chromatic tuner on my 6 string, just as te regular one does... And you'd expect and decent chromatic tuner to do so. Screen is large enough and bright enough on stage for tuning as well.
[/quote]

Does the supplied velcro stay on longer than 5 mins?

[quote name='pantherairsoft' timestamp='1329245175' post='1539556']
No supplied Velcro with this one! You get 2 little rubber feet to add if you don't Velcro it (rather than ones you need to remove if you are going to Velcro it), but no Velcro supplied.
[/quote]

Ah, I thought it was 2 little bits of velcro. The stuff with the full size pedal was rubbish. I applied it, stuck pedal to board, the next day went to move the pedal and it left the velcro behind...

[quote name='bartelby' timestamp='1329249666' post='1539644']

Ah, I thought it was 2 little bits of velcro. The stuff with the full size pedal was rubbish. I applied it, stuck pedal to board, the next day went to move the pedal and it left the velcro behind...
[/quote]

I had the same experience. Nice thought. Bad execution. I kinda like supplying pedals with rubber feet to stick on rather than them being stuck on and having to pry them off though.

• 1 month later...