Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB424 - Metallic Red - Brand Spanking New...

lastanthem88

SOO...... Heres the tale!

Bought a Yamaha BB414 as a backup when I was gigging with a stringray... just purely needed a decent, value for money second hand bass... tried this in a local shop and thought it was fantastic, especially for the money - although I think 'serious' bassists respect Yamaha, if you stuck a Fender logo on the headstock you could probably put an extra £200 on the price tag!

Anyway I digress - actually found (believe it or not) the bb414 to be a more versatile bass for my gig. Sounded awesome through my Markbass (what wouldnt? Could fart down the jack cable and it would sound fab - which is a good job with my playing!)....

So the musicman went to the wall rack, and yes I know that will get me some stick. But the Yam was so versatile and gorgeous to play... so I invested in another from my local music store, this being the 424, to be my backup.

THEN... two weeks later, I saw an advert in bass direct for a Fender Jazz 1985 special... AKA the duff bass... and being a massive guns fan from a kid always wanted one, so I took the plunge and bought it. And - it's incredible, and for the past year has been my gigging bass.

So my spare is now my original 414... the 424 is still sat on the wall - (never played it in the house - only in the shop - it does not even have strings haha!) and has been there for a year - this has prompted me to sell.

It's metallic red, 4 string, upgraded version of the 414 basically. These, in my opinion, are the best value for money basses on the market in this price range or possilbly overall. It's useless sat on my wall, so it's now for sale...

Offers around £250.00, would prefer pick up.... but could arrange carriage if essential. I'm in Mbro, would be willing to meet half way.... 10 extra for petrol or something... anyone interested, we can discuss!

Thought so mate. The no strings thing would not be an issue for me if I was buying.

These are lovely basses. Mythste on here is selling a black version; I went round to his place and had a go, very nice indeed and for virtually the same money as this one. Was tempted to buy but got a long term plan to buy a BB2000 some day, when funds allow :rolleyes: - and when one appears!! :blink:

Love the Yams, so have a Yammy love bump :gas:

Edited by Bobby K

Yeah the 2000s have obviously got a big rep, and they look lovely - I think Yams are so under rated by the general bass playing population ( as in the young guys starting out, the guys who pick up theres once a week etc...) Fender is the big name and with good reason but these are incredible for the cash. I'll never sell that 414 I bought as a back up - it really is THAT good, and so comfortable to play!

Cheers for a Yammy bump - much appreciated! We will all expect pics when you get the 2000!!!

• 1 month later...