Why become a member? ×

FS feeler* EBMM '95 Sterling *CLOSED* not interested do not post.

Prime_BASS

For Sale is my trusty Sterling.

HoneyBurst finish.
Birdeye Maple neck and f/b.
Black Pickguard
SD SMB-4A 3-coil, Will Supply original EBMM ceramic aswell.
8.5lbs

It's a 95 body with a 94 neck, so very early Sterling. It was previously owned by the Bassist from Midget('90's pop punk band) and has seen a lot of use. There is no major damage, aside from a few finish flaws. The neck is truely something else, it's worn and used and looks the business, even more so with the birdseye.
I changed the pickup as ceramics always choke the sound the alnico SD definitely opens it up. Although since I installed it the single coil mode has stopped working and the series one is buzzy! parrallel is fine (which is one I use so not been bothered to fix) but will fix before final sale. Also the SD is slightly bigger than the original and the pickguard doesn't fit over it too well (does with force) but it looks ace with no guard.
I've had this bass a while now and I've noticed it's neck to be very tempremental. Especially since I walk every where with it. It's by no means bent, it does the job. It isn't broken. I've expressed my thoughts on this in another thread. I would class this as a "classic" and like a lot of classic used basses (that ive played) it needs a tweak every now and then. I find this a little annoying as I'm no expert but usually a 1/8 turn solves any changes that can accure.
Since a worried and semi-sarcastic thread wondering about neck options, it's been looked at and im assured it fine, and since the thread it has been fine, and I've not needed to adjust the truss rod.

There are some images from when I first got it on here somewhere, but will Email current ones to those interested. [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

Shipping will be extra (cheap from interparcel) but people are more than welcome to collect.
£700 ONO, not too interested in trades but will listen to anything (4 strings only)

Edited by Prime_BASS

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1326501122' post='1498292']
For Sale is my trusty Sterling.

There is no major damage, aside from a few finish flaws. The neck is truely something else, it's worn and used and looks the business, even more so with the birdseye.

Why?
I have had it a while and keep picking up the warwick, also the neck is more tempremental than most, it's not a big deal but when you have something equally as nice that may not need adjusting when you get to the gig, it speaks for its self. The Alnico definitly opens up the bass, the lows get lower and the highs, higher.
[/quote]

Hmmmm.

Trusty? No major damage? Something else? Not a big deal?

Seems you thought a bit differently here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/163948-sterling-needs-a-new-neck-options/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.uk/topic/163948-sterling-needs-a-new-neck-options/page__fromsearch__1[/url]

:mellow:

[quote name='jackinabox' timestamp='1326538387' post='1498482']
Hmmmm.

Trusty? No major damage? Something else? Not a big deal?

Seems you thought a bit differently here: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/163948-sterling-needs-a-new-neck-options/page__fromsearch__1"]http://basschat.co.u...__fromsearch__1[/url]

:mellow:
[/quote]

Did I not explain the neck issue in enough detail?

I'm not fussed if it doesn't sell, hence the feeler* I'd like to keep it but can't justify keeping it while I use the warwick exclusivly (ATM)

Edited by Prime_BASS

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1326553531' post='1498772']
Did I not explain the neck issue in enough detail?

I'm not fussed if it doesn't sell, hence the feeler* I'd like to keep it but can't justify keeping it while I use the warwick exclusivly (ATM)
[/quote]

No not really. In your other thread you said the neck was so bad it needed adjusting nearly every time you picked it up. So bad was this that you said the neck 'needed replacing'. Yet here when you want to sell it, you describe it as 'no big deal'. Which one is it please?

Jackinabox
It's quite bad form to get into discussion which could be perceived as damaging to a sale within a thread. It's very clever of you to be able to use the search but it's down to the buyer or interested parties to do their own research on items they are interested in.

I'd suggest deleting your posts and if you are interested contact the seller directly via PM, if you're not interested then don't interfere with this guys sale thread. Pretty straightforward no?

I'd welcome the Mod's input.

Gavin

[quote name='krispn' timestamp='1326556425' post='1498812']
Jackinabox
It's quite bad form to get into discussion which could be perceived as damaging to a sale within a thread. It's very clever of you to be able to use the search but it's down to the buyer or interested parties to do their own research on items they are interested in.

I'd suggest deleting your posts and if you are interested contact the seller directly via PM, if you're not interested then don't interfere with this guys sale thread. Pretty straightforward no?

I'd welcome the Mod's input.

Gavin
[/quote]

Disagree, I think JIAB makes a good point, he wants £700 for a bass and I think he has made the damage sound a lot worse in the other thread.

If I bought the bass then found that the neck needed replacing I would not be happy.

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1326556783' post='1498820']
Disagree, I think JIAB makes a good point, he wants £700 for a bass and I think he has made the damage sound a lot worse in the other thread.

If I bought the bass then found that the neck needed replacing I would not be happy.
[/quote]

Sorry - but +1

[quote name='jackinabox' timestamp='1326554976' post='1498789']
No not really. In your other thread you said the neck was so bad it needed adjusting nearly every time you picked it up. So bad was this that you said the neck 'needed replacing'. Yet here when you want to sell it, you describe it as 'no big deal'. Which one is it please?
[/quote]
Editted, are you interested?

[quote name='waynepunkdude' timestamp='1326557079' post='1498830']
Disagree, he should explain the full issues with the bass in the OP, I might put a Jazz bass up for sale later but fail to mention it has no pick ups.
[/quote]

The bass has a neck, what's your point?

[quote name='Johngh' timestamp='1326561423' post='1498903']
Given the evidence and the concerns raised, it's up to the individual if they want to buy this bass or not.
[/quote]

Anyone interested freely has my email, address and phone. If they find the neck's tempremental nature a problem that they can not handle, I'd be happy to take it back off them for the sale price providing I get it back in the same state it left me in.

Edited by Prime_BASS

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1326595491' post='1499407']
Anyone interested freely has my email, address and phone. If they find the neck's tempremental nature a problem that they can not handle, I'd be happy to take it back off them for the sale price providing I get it back in the same state it left me in.
[/quote]

An invitation to view the bass for assessment is the right way forward. Caveat Emptor always applies in a purchase on BassChat.