Why become a member? ×

"I've got a stiff knob"

Horizontalste

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1326194950' post='1493492']
Just checking, you've removed the knob and the ... ahem... shaft is still stiff?
Sometimes the bottom of the knob can rub up against the body and become stiff...

... I'm off for a cold shower.
[/quote]

Lol, I haven't removed it yet, should probably have investigated before posting.

Is the a particular contact cleaner or are they all the same?

Thanks for the advice on the Farcela polish too,its great.

Maplin (for example) have various types of cleaner which claim to be for various specific purposes but as far I can tell they are all pretty much the same thing. I think if anything contact cleaner leaves no residue but switch cleaner maybe lubricates slightly. I've used both with equal results though.

Np. :)

[quote name='Horizontalste' timestamp='1326195212' post='1493495']
Is the a particular contact cleaner or are they all the same?
[/quote]

Servisol Super 10. Other switch/contact cleaners are available, but this is the one I use and trust. I cleaned up an entire mixing desk with this stuff, including some pots which were totally stuck and had to be started moving again with pliers :)

Edited by neepheid

The lubricant had dried out thats all, quick squirt with switch cleaner, or even a little drop of light oil into the hole will sort it out. If the knob is rubbing on the facia you can usually feel it scratching, rather than just stiff.

Heres a tip, bend the last half an inch of your switch cleaner tube at 90 degrees. Makes it much easier to get it in the hole.

[quote name='Horizontalste' timestamp='1326221969' post='1494071']
Now sorted.
I applied said lube/cleaner in a vigorous action and whilst doing this my knob got stiffer and then there was a sudden release and now my knob is slack.
I am so satisfied.

Thanks for all your contributions and keep on truckin.
[/quote]
Fine, but how's the bass..?