Why become a member? ×

Budgie - an amazing drummer

darkandrew

Love the Banshees, and when I listen to ablums like Juju, Tinderbox and Dreamhouse its the drumming that gets me as much as anything.

Interestingly when I was at Stainbridge Farm I found out they did a lot of their pre-poduction there, and Bob who ran it and was a drummer himself originally really didnt rate Budgie, largely because he didnt play 'properly'. Which is exactly why I like his playing so much!

Edited by 51m0n

When I think of my biggest musical influences I'd always include John McGeoch, the Banshees' guitarist on Kaleidoscope, Juju and Dreamhouse. One of those musicians that had a very distictinctive and influential sound but hardly anyone's ever heard of. It's also worth checking out his stuff with Magazine and PiL but, of course, the Banshees' Juju album remains his defining moment.

Edited by darkandrew

Little story here about him. He went to the same school as me (a few years above me) and we used to have a Geography teacher who was a bit eccentric to say the least. Anyway, Budgie fell foul of him one day and he was made to stand in the corridor in just his underpants. After some tears he was allowed to come back into the classroom.

Never really liked the Banshees and I agree with the above poster on the "other" Budgie:

[media]http://youtu.be/Ov7-_XIrOkc[/media]

Edited by WHUFC BASS

Probably explains a lot, maybe I should try that with my kids at work tomorrow but somehow I don't think I'd get away with it these days. Actually on the "Seven year itch" DVD they've got a behind the scenes mini documentary and Budgie comes across as being a top bloke.

Edited by darkandrew

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' timestamp='1326236529' post='1494443']
Little story here about him. He went to the same school as me (a few years above me) and we used to have a Geography teacher who was a bit eccentric to say the least. Anyway, Budgie fell foul of him one day and he was made to stand in the corridor in just his underpants. After some tears he was allowed to come back into the classroom.

Never really liked the Banshees and I agree with the above poster on the "other" Budgie:

[media]http://youtu.be/Ov7-_XIrOkc[/media]
[/quote]

Double YES!!!! :) :) Anyone would think I played in a BUDGIE tribute band wouldn't they? :lol:
As a foot-note, an old school friend of mine used to roadie for Siouxsie and the Banshees B) and I bought a Telecaster that supposedly belonged to the guitarist.

Edited by clarkpegasus4001