Why become a member? ×

Yamaha TRB5P early `japanese`series `93 price drop... now £675

jhk

[size=4][size=6][size=4][i]Handcrafted in japan circa 1993.Maple/mahogany through neck,piezo p/ups in bridge,ebony finger board,34 inch scale.Original p/ups.[/i][/size][/size][/size]
[size=4][size=6][size=4][i]I have subsequently had a 3 band aguilar eq installed by bernie goodfellow.So knobs are vol/pan/treb/mid/bass and switch activates piezo p/ups.In used but very good condition.Usual `dings` one would find on gigged bass of almost twenty years old.Worst of which are around jack socket as in pic .In the final pic,jack circled shows chip,.............other circled area is just reflected lights in room !.........Plays and sounds incredible-very fast low action.As others will testify ,these are incredibly well made basses which stand up against many boutique basses.Also hard to find nowadays.[/i][/size][/size][/size]
[size=4][size=6][size=4] As a starter price I`m putting a tag of £[s]795,[/s]£[s]745[/s] .Was [s]£725[/s] ,was [s]£695,[/s],now it`s down to £675[/size][/size][/size]

Edited by jhk

[quote name='fluffo' timestamp='1326125424' post='1492595']
knowing jon he probably has
[/quote]

............ unfortunately I don`t have original eq system.............sorry !

[quote name='BB2000' timestamp='1326144198' post='1492995']
Wasn't Greeneking looking for one a couple of weeks back? Might be worth PM'ing him.
[/quote]

just checked........... and according to wanted section he`s `sorted`................

but thanks for heads up!!!

Edited by jhk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='A.Lindberg' timestamp='1330555735' post='1559518']
Can you consider to ship outside of UK?
[/quote]

sorry .................... that`s a no

regards

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1332576703' post='1590162']
Wow. Just wow. More definition to the notes yet just as warm as a Smith BSR5GN and it's a third of the price.
[/quote]

Many thanks for the glowing review........................!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1333653160' post='1604957']
these are proper boutique Yamaha's... awsome modern growl.... even better than the TRB5 Mk 1's
[/quote]

I thank you sir!!

These basses have incredibly well playable neck! And great ergonomy overall. I had 1994 TRB5 MK I.
Free bump for you!

(and, the absence of the original preamp is imho a plus - the original preamp is quite hissing)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7bjD44Nja4&feature=relmfu[/media]
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnHKOGpZVVw&feature=relmfu[/media]

Edited by nemo

• 2 weeks later...

Mate... I still have one of these....bought in 1991 from Sound Control Glasgow for the princely sum of £1150. It is a fantastic guitar that I love dearly and still call my baby :) Recently had it set up y the guys over at Strung Out Guitars and it plays better than ever. This really is a bargain.