Why become a member? ×

Bogart bass owners?

margusalviste

Pretty bog standard spec for a Bogart - 2 Bartolini pickups, Noll three band EQ, composite body, 34" scale carbon fibre neck.

It's a superb bass - my other two basses are Zons & the Bogart is definately in the same league as them construction & playability-wise.
I don't like the Noll preamp as much as the Polyfusion preamps in the Zons, but the Bogart sounds so good in passive mode I never use it anyway.

[quote name='RhysP' timestamp='1325703533' post='1486424']
Pretty bog standard spec for a Bogart - 2 Bartolini pickups, Noll three band EQ, composite body, 34" scale carbon fibre neck.

It's a superb bass - my other two basses are Zons & the Bogart is definately in the same league as them construction & playability-wise.
I don't like the Noll preamp as much as the Polyfusion preamps in the Zons, but the Bogart sounds so good in passive mode I never use it anyway.
[/quote]

Hey, why don't you like the Noll preamp? I have one on my Bogart and I love the sound! :)

• 8 months later...

[quote name='green' timestamp='1347245574' post='1798449']
Got 2 bogarts.
Check the 5 string. what a powerhouse !
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRZ4TFbekrY[/media]
[/quote]The person in that there video (you?) is gonna wind up with some serious tendon problems in the right hand before too long. Straighten out the wrist. It looks painfull.

[quote name='winterfire666' timestamp='1347294287' post='1798945']
Iv always fancied tryin a bogart( i love the sound and playability of zons but not so keen on the asthetics)But you dont see many about, awesome stuff though. Ill be keepin my eyes open for a used one
[/quote]

The Bogart I owned sounded & felt absolutely nothing like my Zons.
Don't let that put you off trying one though - they really are great basses.

• 8 months later...

Are they still making these? A friend of mine bought a couple direct from Bogart a few years back and was apparently told he was getting the last completed one and the other would have to be cobbled together from left over parts as they were stopping production from what I remember!
My old bass teacher (who owned some truly beautiful basses) always said the best bass he ever played was a Bogart and it was on his recomendation - my friend was also one of his students - that my friend bought them.

Bogart is rising ( since 2009 ), here is the new website :[url="http://www.bogart-bass.de/"]http://www.bogart-bass.de/[/url]

I prefer the "95 version" , but it's personnal. The setting is different on the two bogart.
The MM version sounds more bright in my head, the JJ sounds " darker" .
two great basses in my opinion, but of course you must love to touch and play a carbon neck.

But the work and material on these beauties are really serious : bartolini pups, NOLL preamp, ETS bridge and knobs ( ABM on the old version),very good finish,
comfortable, separate compartements for the preamp and the battery ( without screw), the cavity is reinforced with copper....etc.

---> in the nineties, bogart made the carbon neck for schack ;)

• 5 months later...

[quote name='Mister cbass' timestamp='1368346604' post='2075824']
Hello,

Here's my babies :gas:

MM version is a blackstone 2012 and the JJ version is a blackstone from 94-95.
Both sound great, but I prefer the JJ version.

[/quote]

This '90s JJ is mine now. Available for trade if anyone's interested (Status Empathy 5 string or similar).

Edited by d.e.n.i.s

I've got a Bogart 5-string. I picked it up from Mansons at the London Bass Show 2012. It was a horrible black and blue paint splatter effect when I got it, but I had it refinished in a midnight blue metallic colour. You can see it in this video, which is my rendition of Alain Caron's 'D-Code'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDcc2zD62Ag

Gorgeous bass to play!

Stu