Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie 1516B Diesel EV-Loaded 450W Cab W/Flightcase £100

TheButler

I feel really bad that I resurface to flog my wares. However, now i'm back in the fold, i need to shift my Mesa Cab. Its nice, but weighs roughly a metric tonne and just ain't 'my bag' now.

I've not really been in the loop for ages, but I think I remember the spec on this as 450W, 8ohms. The only issue, as I recall was the crossover not working properly - so it made a kind of buzz. My 400+ that I used through this (oh, was nice) has developed a 'buzz' of its own, however, making diagnosis a bit more difficult.

It is heavy, probably 45+ kg. I have a fitted custom flight case that I got with it. Its a Packhorse one, probably silly expensive when bought new.

The tolex on the cab is very very very shabby. The grill is without its Mesa/Boogie badge too :( This cosmetic wear looks virtually deliberate, but I can't honestly tell.

It is a beauty of a cab if you're into your old school power.

I'm starting at £400 with the flight case. I will have to get pictures up at some point. Pick-up in Kincardine, Fife. I can deliver for fuel cost within reason (50 miles). I can ship it via TNT or maybe ParcelForce Large, through work. I'll double check. It will be about £50 though.

Cheers
Jamie.

Edited by TheButler

• 4 months later...

I need to get rid of this, owing to no space in the new house.

There is a buzz from one of the speakers, not farty but buzzy. Not sure which, and don't have the skill to work it out. As such, I am selling in the packhorse flightcase for £100.

I've not tried to make it stop buzzing... I could try, but then it won't be for sale at £100, which is a [b]bargain[/b]! :D

Yep £100 with flightcase, pics are here:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/imag0347i.jpg/

USe previous and next to browse pics :)

Edited by TheButler

How do I know its not the mid driver thats kappuuut!? :( Good offer though, would surely consider it :)

Apologies everyone about not being on in a few days, i've had rather a lot going on, and for once just haven't had the time to get on here.

I've got folks lining up round the block for this, which is weird considering I being totally transparent that it isn't working properly, and I don't know whats wrong with it, you guys get that yeh? :D

So what's going on with this rather odd thread then? If there's guys lining up has it sold? Are you prepared to split and sell drivers (not hard to test whether an individual driver is or is not the problem after all)? If not, would another enterprising local BCer like to buy it and part out (I expect you'd get more than £100 for the unloaded cab)? Or is anyone driving from up there to down here anytime soon :D