Why become a member? ×

Waving - not drowning

DrBike

Hi (waves),

I joined a few weeks ago but thought Id better follow protocol and formally introduce myself.

Been playing bass on and off since approx 1984. Just started playing again (thanks to the Rock Project Encore in Windsor) a few months ago after not touching a bass since early 2003 - marriage, kids and other hobbies took priority.

Based in the general vicinity of what is allegedly about to become Staines Upon Thames.

[quote name='DrBike' timestamp='1325370118' post='1482678']...about to become Staines Upon Thames.[/quote]
Good evening, DrBike, and a Happy New Year to you and yours...
Staines..? Know it well; used to be from those parts (Bedfont, then Shepperton...).
'Upon Thames', eh..?Going up in the world, are we..? A rose, by any other name, and all that..? Be careful, though; if the waters continue to rise, you'll not be only waving, perhaps..!
Welcome to the forum...

[quote name='lowdowner' timestamp='1325445513' post='1483246']
Welcome

How are you finding getting back into playing? Is it like riding a bike?
[/quote]
Yeah - I more or less picked up the bass and got straight back into it. Perhaps the fingers weren't as nimble (or the mind as quick) and I couldn't remember all the songs I used to play but otherwise it's been just like riding a bike.

I got back into playing after being introduced to the Rock Project Encore in Windsor, which is kind of like a bunch of blokes attempting to deal with a middle aged crisis!

Edited by DrBike

Welcome!
It's good to hear that bass playing is like riding a bike. I'm not planning to stop, but, hey, who knows.

[quote name='Blademan_98' timestamp='1325509761' post='1483704']
Welcome to the mid life crisis forum :lol:[/quote]
Hell, I registered here at the same time when I began to think I've already (and prematurely) started to have MLC :huh:

[quote name='DrBike' timestamp='1325370118' post='1482678']
Based in the general vicinity of what is allegedly about to become Staines Upon Thames.
[/quote]

No kidding! Staines was my old stamping ground. I'm still getting used to it being in Surrey, never mind Upon Thames! :o

But as you can see from my info, I have managed to escape!
Welcome to the Forum :)