Why become a member? ×

P bass poll

ead

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1325030302' post='1479362']
Further pedant alert: I assume you mean [b]dyslexia[/b]?

As to the question, well I didn't vote because I didn't find an option that said 'None - I don't like Precision basses'. Which, for me at least, makes any question that might be there irrelevant.

Tips to the OP (in case it isn't already blindingly obvious):

1. Even if it seems too obvious to say it, ask the question anyway. The purpose of a poll is to get an answer to a question.

2. If you can, try to include a 'get out' or 'spoiler' option for the small number of poor benighted suckers who don't adhere to your world view of (in this case) the bass guitar.

[/Pedantry]
[/quote]

In answer to the above, however you spell it dyslexia is not much fun :( ...and typing/reading posts is difficult at times.

Ref. 1. The Poll is called P Bass Survey (if you don't have a P bass and/or don't like them it's not compulsory to partake) and the first question is how old - not too tricky; the second rounds or flats, again probably reasonably easy to get to grips with

Ref. 2. I don't have a world view of basses. 25% of my instruments are Ps. It was intended as a bit of fun at Christmas. Sorry to disappoint.

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1325088831' post='1479709']
(...)The Poll is called P Bass Survey (if you don't have a P bass and/or don't like them it's not compulsory to partake) (...)[/quote]
That's why I don't understand why Lefty's so feisty. It's like being mad for not finding pork chops in vegetable store.
[quote name='ead' timestamp='1325088831' post='1479709']
Ref. 2. I don't have a world view of basses. 25% of my instruments are Ps. It was intended as a bit of fun at Christmas. Sorry to disappoint.[/quote]
For me it WAS fun and a bit of surprise to find that most people statistically would prefer modern made P-bass with round. My fingers are getting uncomfortably itchy even when I thing about it! :D

[quote name='Immo' timestamp='1325090389' post='1479735']
That's why I don't understand why Lefty's so feisty. It's like being mad for not finding pork chops in vegetable store.

[/quote]

If you must know it's because I had food poisoning over most of the Christmas period :( , and now it turns out I have a rather nasty urinary infection :blink: :( .

Take no notice. Doc tells me I'll be much better in a few days, and that extreme grumpiness is a common symptom of this condition in older men. ;)

[quote name='leftybassman392' timestamp='1325094363' post='1479811']
If you must know it's because I had food poisoning over most of the Christmas period :( , and now it turns out I have a rather nasty urinary infection :blink: :( .

Take no notice. Doc tells me I'll be much better in a few days, and that extreme grumpiness is a common symptom of this condition in older men. ;)
[/quote]
Oh, damn!
Well, my mum and grandpa also had food poisoning, but AFTER the Christmas - you know, the common virus, '[i]foodabsortium [/i][i]waytoomuchus[/i]' :D
Hope you'll be OK!

[quote name='Immo' timestamp='1325095154' post='1479826']
Oh, damn!
Well, my mum and grandpa also had food poisoning, but AFTER the Christmas - you know, the common virus, '[i]foodabsortium [/i][i]waytoomuchus[/i]' :D
Hope you'll be OK!
[/quote]

Thanks. Just for the record I do have a P-Bass..... sort of.

If you click the following link it's the one second bottom of the page (and very nice it is too, thanks for asking :) )

[url="http://regenerateguitarworks.com/?page_id=498"]http://regenerategui...om/?page_id=498[/url]

As it happens I own the orange beauty below it as well, but it's a J clone so it doesn't count. :P

Edited by leftybassman392

Total Jazz Bass nutter meself but often noodled with the occasional P Bass coz some of me fave players get so much out of them. Tried loads but never felt right with any of them except for the one I could never afford - a 1960 S/B R/W Tort sweety with staggered magnets. Felt great, sounded great, bank manager disagreed.

I did however recently purchase, via Dan, what was formerly Flat Eric's Fiesta R/W Tort CIJ 60's re-ish and I have to say, it really is rather stunning and already I've decided it's a keeper and it's going to get seriously gigged. One of the very nicest I've played. Can't understand why this one has passed folks by.

And what a steal!!!

Edited by mckendrick

I've 2 - a 73 and a 90something. No idea what strings are on them. The 90something might have flats on , can't remember. My finger ends are so dead they could be razor wire and I wouldn't know. I tend to use whatever brand/type strings folk give me for nothing !!

Edited by Dr.Dave

[quote name='matski' timestamp='1325173877' post='1480555']
flippant ;)
[/quote]

Ha ha You live by the qwerty, you die by the qwerty. Death by pedanticide :P

And to the OP. Despite the side tracking and constructive critisicm in this thread you've had 800+ views, 30+ posts and 90+ votes. Pretty succesful if you ask me :) . Oh and now I sound patronising. :unsure: Just add it to the list :D

A

NOTE: checked twice for spelling :blink: