Why become a member? ×

Bass Bash for lefties 2012!

patch006

Hi All

At the risk of alienating 99% of bass chat, I'm thinking of compiling a list of fellow lefties who would be interested in a lefties bass bash next year. The rest of you are obviously welcome too!

It would be a chance to may be see and play basses that you don't get to normally.

If you could list if your interested and your location and gear you could possibly bring.

I have a 5 string custom, 4 string frettless custom and a barefaced tc stack to add to the mix.

We could come up with a venue that is as central to as many as poss.
:)

I think logically it should be located either centrally in the country, maybe midlands? or London/outskirts for the transport links and ease of getting there.

I would 100% be up for it, if we can get 20 of us in the room with 2 or 3 basses each theres a chance to play 60 odd lefties! I don't remember ever being able to do that!

Anyway, I am in Kent and would bring -

MM Stingray 4
Fender Japan 57 reissue (hotrodded with duncan)
Warwick Corvette 4 String
and probably something else depending on what I have bought come January.

Edited by throwoff

So this is for Lefties who play lefty, not lefties like me who learned to play righty for convenience and cheap-er-ness of guitars...

Let no-one call you cack-handed! Stand up for your right to play southpaw/upside down back to front/however you wish!

Up the Sinistro!!

I'm in.

I'm in Birmingham as well (which just so happens to be fairly central.....)

I could bring:

Sei Original headless 5,
Newly acquired Zon Sonus 4,
Regenerate Axiom 4 (highish-end active Jazz clone - there's a link to some pics in my sig.,
Regenerate Heritage Tribute '55 4 (Early Telebass clone - this and the Axiom can be found at the bottom of this linked page: [url="http://regenerateguitarworks.com/?page_id=498"]http://regenerategui...om/?page_id=498[/url] ),
MIJ White Jazz 4 with custom shop pickups.

PJB amps - Briefcase + Flightcase.

Yorick, have you spoken to Deezbar about this - I reckon he'd love it (and he just so happens to have more basses than the rest of us put together!). Or I can give him a buzz.

Edited by leftybassman392

Nice lil response so far! keep them coming guys and gals!

The main point of this is ( totally selfish for me!!!) to have a chance see in the flesh and may be get a chance to play
some lovely basses :)

Remember every one is welcome, you don't have to own expensive bass's. All i ask is that you don't drop mine!!!

So if you know any lefties then give them a shout!
We are just getting a list together at this stage, so we can go from there. On arni's lefthanded site there are about 60 lefties from the uk on there so I am going to give him a shout to see if he can put something on the site.

It would be good to know how the various other bass bashes around the country are managed. Rather than trying to reinvent the wheel we should perhaps look to the wealth of experience in this area that there must be here on BC.

Edit: I've written and scrubbed several lines of thought in the last couple of minutes, on the grounds that if we're going to do it properly we need to start at the beginning. We need to get some ideas from other organisers before we do too much more I feel.

I'm a lefty, who plays left handed basses. I live in Birkenhead. I could bring the following basses.

1980 Musicman Stingray.

2002 Status S2 Classic, through neck.

1999 Japanese Fender Jazz, with EMG's and an East J Retro preamp.

1995 Squier Precision, with EMG Precision pickup, added EMG Jazz pickup and EMG BTC preamp.

1986 KGB Status Series II replica, with EMG pickups and an East U retro Deluxe preamp.

Amp wise, I could bring an Aguilar DB680 preamp, an Ampeg SVTIIP preamp, going into my QSC PLX 3102 power amp, going into a Techsoundsystems 6x10" neo cab and a Glockenklang Double 2x12" cab.

PS. If any lefties are interested, I could get a venue sorted out, with a drummer and guitarist but it would obviously be in Birkenhead or Liverpool.

Edited by steve-soar

i live in central london, il defo come !!!!! i got to loads of music shops and see what they got all the time.... most of the time its a left handed westfield, or some sort of crappy p bass copy -_- being a leftys a bitch :P 7 years of me playing

i dont have a lot when it comes to gear though :P the fact is im only 17 ( nearly 18 :3 thought i might add that xD ) :P
during the whole 7 years of me playing iv only ever played one instrument a lot il bring it anyways :P

its a cort action.

iv never really had the money to get a really good bass :( so it would be really cool to come and try out some stuff :D

[quote name='jojoagogo234' timestamp='1324425856' post='1474239']
i live in central london, il defo come !!!!! i got to loads of music shops and see what they got all the time.... most of the time its a left handed westfield, or some sort of crappy p bass copy -_- being a leftys a bitch :P 7 years of me playing

i dont have a lot when it comes to gear though :P the fact is im only 17 ( nearly 18 :3 thought i might add that xD ) :P
during the whole 7 years of me playing iv only ever played one instrument a lot il bring it anyways :P

its a cort action.

iv never really had the money to get a really good bass :( so it would be really cool to come and try out some stuff :D
[/quote]

now listen young man, ensure you don't wear big belt buckles, denim jackets with metal buttons or cheap clothing that might rub off on expensive basses, and wash your hands after eating messy food. :D ;)

I'm interested in such an event because Bass Gear is pushing lefty basses in 2012.

We are launching a Left Handed (only) bass range in conjunction with a very well known UK luthier at the London Bass Guitar Show in March. By then we will also have some other high-end Lefty basses in stock from other top bass brands. This could be an deal way of allowing several players to try out some tasty lefties in one go.

Thanks for all the replies so far all.

This all sounds great, rather exciting. I plan on getting this going in the new year, It would be great if Bass gear can get involved.

If we can get a few of us working on it that would be great, any one with contacts ref venue in a central part of the country please give them a shout.

We have a nice little list of people interested so far. Please remember every one is invited, no room for muso snobery!

[quote name='leftyhook' timestamp='1324472843' post='1474615']
now listen young man, ensure you don't wear big belt buckles, denim jackets with metal buttons or cheap clothing that might rub off on expensive basses, and wash your hands after eating messy food. :D ;)
[/quote]
(school boys voice)

yes mr leftyhook sir :D LoL