Why become a member? ×

am i daft?

LukeFRC

my first bass is a status shark pro-active 2 bass.
its lovely and an amazing bass.
problem is I bought my fender P and dont really play it much.
I stuck flats on it to see if i would play it more and it still just sits there unplayed.
every so often I pick it up and love the feel and some of the tones you get out of it. But it gets put down as Im always going to go for the P in the few live things i do now.
Its worth more to me than i would get if I sold it, but im so tempted to stick it on the forsale section of basschat for trade and see what I get offered.
Am I mad? would I regret doing this?

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='165774' date='Mar 29 2008, 10:52 AM']If you don't 'need' to sell it just hold on to it, it'll not lose any value. As and when you fancy something else then you can decide if it stays or goes![/quote]

plus the one...

don't sell stufff ust cos you don't use it...you may fall in love with it again

I know what you mean Luke. I recently had the same feeling about my Stingray. I liked the bass. I played it now and again, but somehow my P basses are the ones that get constantly played. I put the Stingray in the 'for sale' section and it now resides with a fellow basschatter who absolutely loves it. We get kind of attached to our basses but sometimes they just have to be passd on to someone else. The mere fact that you have raised the question means that you are probably ready to sell. All the best with your decision.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='165779' date='Mar 29 2008, 12:01 PM']Doh!

I lied... I'm full of sh*t and don't know my ars* from my elbow!

Sell, sell, sell... and then buy my Dolphin or Streamer :)[/quote]

Nah, Nah, nah.....

Sell me your P bass and you will have to play your other bass - then we will both be happy :huh:

[quote name='chris_b' post='166343' date='Mar 30 2008, 02:59 PM']It's your first bass.... you gotta keep it. Take the battery out, put it in the case and store it under your bed. In 20 years you'll be glad you did.[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. My 1st bass was a Squire P bass which i decided to sell a while back. Now im regretting it as it had so much sentimental value to me. However i sold it to a friend of mine so i might have to ask for it back just so i will be reunited with it once again.

hold on to it till the day you die!... :)