Why become a member? ×

Recommend me a good bass book for my holiday

paul j h

[quote name='paul j h' timestamp='1323538353' post='1464406']
Hi All,

I go away for some winter sun over the Xmas/New year period, can anyone please recommend a good book to take. Ideally a kinda life on the road type thing, ancadotes from a working muso etc. obviously bass related, i like classic rock and not so obscure that Amazon et al won't stock it. Many thanks in advance, cheers Paul.
[/quote]

"My bass and other animals" by Guy Pratt (of Pink Floyd and many many many sessions on well known albums, this guy seems to get around!)

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1323544505' post='1464508']
Just looked on EBay & it's selling for £40 for a paperback!

Maybe it's out of print?
[/quote]

wow, and 1-2 months on amazon!

I'd go and buy it used (£4.98 from Amazon) if it's not for a present. Very entertaining.

Hi an update, i have ordered the Glen Hughes book but a kind Bass chatter has offered me the Guy Pratt book so hopefully i'll be able to take both (my wife is incapable of speech with a kindle and an ipod!)and there is only so much swimming and all inclusive drinking i can do. We are going to Gran Canaria and i'm looking forward to the break after a very busy year. Thanks again for the response/suggestions i now have a list of other books to get in the new year, once again many thanks Paul.

Glenn Hughes book. Same as Toddy54 - had a flick through it but away for Xmas I've been told.

Although its not strictly bass related I've been told Ozzy's book is pretty good "I am Ozzy"

Have a nice holiday
We will stay here freezing our butts off in the cold icy Northern Artic blast blowing down from the Scottish Highlands showering us with snow, ice and howling winds.
Never mind the bass book take me and I'll talk to you about basses throughout the holiday :)

Have a good one
Dave

[quote name='gjones' timestamp='1323539308' post='1464422']
Guy Pratt 'My bass and other animals'. He's played with them all Page & Plant, Pink Floyd, Madonna etc etc
[/quote]

+1 It's a great read. In fact I may give it a 2nd reading soon!

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1323544505' post='1464508']
Just looked on EBay & it's selling for £40 for a paperback!

Maybe it's out of print?
[/quote]
+1 My Bass and Other Animals
I got mine via the public library - 50p book reservation. But also you can get it on Audible - where Guy himself reads the book. That is much easier - and you can listen away.

Also +1 The Music Lesson