Why become a member? ×

What is "The House PA Circuit"? What venues are these?

Sean

I've been browsing some wanted ads for band members and have found a band that claims to play venues on 'the house pa circuit' (sic). Now, I thought I'd been round the block a bit but I've never heard of this and when I cut and paste that phrase into our best friend it seems that he is as clueless as me.

Also, wouldn't you be radically limiting the gigs you could play if you relied n the venue having a PA every time you wanted to play?

Anyone able to enlighten me?

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1322579622' post='1453031']
I guess it means they only play shows in venues with house pa's. Meaning they don't have to cart their own pa around.
[/quote]
Yeah, I guessed this but the mention of a circuit and the fact that it's in quotes implies (to me anyway) that there are a whole load of venues related to some kind of scene that provide house PA. I guess somewhere like The Barfly venues would count, however when I tell you that the band that is advertising is a tribute act of a band that was very big (and pretty cheesey) back in the day it makes me wonder what they mean.

[quote name='Sean' timestamp='1322579166' post='1453019']
I've been browsing some wanted ads for band members and have found a band that claims to play venues on 'the house pa circuit' (sic).

Also, wouldn't you be radically limiting the gigs you could play if you relied n the venue having a PA every time you wanted to play?

Anyone able to enlighten me?
[/quote]

My band has done gigs in dozens of venues in both Edinburgh and Glasgow and we have never had to provide our own PA. All of the music venues around here provide PA (and limited backline).

You might find that supplied gear varies greatly from area to area.