Why become a member? ×

Bill Wyman last night :)

Blademan_98

[quote name='Blademan_98' timestamp='1321288211' post='1437351']
really good although Bill lacked enthusiasm somewhat :)
[/quote]
I think that this is a throw back to his Stones days , when his enthusiasm was saved for , how shall we say it : the after show performance :)

I saw him last week in Basingstoke. Georgie Fame, Albert Lee - some serious players. I like Wyman but he is probably the least talented in that band. The drummer and piano player were amazing and the horn section were really fun to watch. It was a little show band for my tastes in places but Wyman was doing what he wants to do. I don't know about other nights but he walked on and said "this isn't a career move for me" which I liked. I'm pleased I saw him.

[size=4]These are now guys doing what they wanted to do before the Stones got in the way. Charlie Watts is playing his jazz, but needs another drummer to keep the feel going and Bill is just having fun. [/size]

[size=4]Although it's difficult to tell with him! I still love them, though.[/size]

[quote name='BurritoBass' timestamp='1321355768' post='1438083']
I saw him last week in Basingstoke. Georgie Fame, Albert Lee - some serious players. I like Wyman but he is probably the least talented in that band. The drummer and piano player were amazing and the horn section were really fun to watch. It was a little show band for my tastes in places but Wyman was doing what he wants to do. I don't know about other nights but he walked on and said "this isn't a career move for me" which I liked. I'm pleased I saw him.
[/quote]

Yep, he said the same at the gig.

A really good night.

I was sat in the airport whilst typing but I'm back now! It was going to be a review but my phone is not that good :)