Why become a member? ×

Analog Chorus pedal like Boss CE-2B

Twigman

I'm after an analog bass chorus pedal.
I liked my old Boss CE-2B (the brown one) but it seems to have got lost somewhere along the line...

So what analog chorus do you guys use and recommend?

I like the quality of BBE pedals but I don't believe they have a dedicated bass chorus.
I don't like the CE-3B from Boss - it's just not as nice as the old analog one....

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1321278945' post='1437218']
Analogman with the Deep Mod. No better bass chorus out there. Usually come up for about ~£130. I've had 3 of them, because every time I sell one thinking I don't need a Chorus, I just HAVE to buy another one!
[/quote]
Liking the idea of this:
[url="http://www.buyanalogman.com/Analog_Man_Standard_Chorus_p/am-standard-chorus.htm"]http://www.buyanalogman.com/Analog_Man_Standard_Chorus_p/am-standard-chorus.htm[/url]

I use a Jacques Meistersinger analogue chorus.
It's not a bass specific pedal but it's the best chorus I've used (for bass & guitar).

Here's a link to the Jacques website:

http://www.ts808.com/

Worth a look - it's a pretty quirky site. Their other pedals are bloody good too.

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1321278945' post='1437218']
Analogman with the Deep Mod. No better bass chorus out there. Usually come up for about ~£130. I've had 3 of them, because every time I sell one thinking I don't need a Chorus, I just HAVE to buy another one!
[/quote]

Yes I have an analogman with deep mod. It's a big step up from my ce2b. I also liked the sound of the tech 21 boost bass, which is newer than the analogman and not seen any 2nd hand yet.

There is actually an analogue version of the CEB-3 - any of them made before 2001 were a BBD circuit. I didn't take to the first CEB-3 I had around 4 years ago (bought new), but I picked up a second hand one from 1998 and it sounded less vibrato-like than the first one I had. That said, it is a completely different sound to the CE-2B, which I've also owned - that was far more subtle than its successor.

My current chorus is the MXR Micro Chorus - one knob simplicity. Sounds almost flanger-like on minimum speed but doesn't get too extreme at maximum speed.