Why become a member? ×

1973 Fretless Fender Precision - 100% original - SOLD

franzbassist

Hello all

For reasons I won’t bore you all with (but needless to say involves some poor planning on my part) I recently acquired two Fender fretless P basses from the early 1970s.

One, a first production year 1970, is now in my posession, and the other, which I won via auction, is due to arrive from the US next week.

The bass I’m looking to sell is from 1973, and the auction description is as follows:

[i]Fender Fretless Precision Bass Sunburst Electric Bass Guitar, #506663.[/i]

[i]Rare fretless model, has minimal weather checking. Has a few scuffs, dings, and scrapes overall. Minimal play wear to fretless neck. Pot dates to tenth week of 1973. Original hard case included. Condition: Good.[/i]

[i][url="http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6103/6308828448_11584c6ee4_o.jpg"][/url][/i]

I haven’t played the bass,, but you can see from the images that it’s in superb condition.

Now, I don’t need two fretless P basses, so this one is available for [b]£1750 plus postage[/b]

Cheers

Gareth

Edited by walbassist

Damn, I was only talking to my wife last night saying I would love to get a bass of my year of a birth (1970) and I think knowing where i have progessed to in my bass playing, it would have to be a 1970 Fretless Fender Precision. If only I had the money and if only you were selling the 1970's model :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well, having spent some time with this bass I must say it's in great nick. I took the neck off and opened it up to get a few internal shots and I'm not sure it'd ever been taken apart - the screws were all nice and tight, and the foam mute was actually stuck to one string!

Anyway, great nick, lovely rosewood board, what's not to like?

It's boxed up and ready to post.

Edited by walbassist