Why become a member? ×

Who does a good (Nitro) spray job?

KiOgon

Should I happen to want a P-bass sprayed Candy Apple Red definitely with Nitro Cellulose :)

1. Who do you know? Almost certainly nowhere near here so it'll have to be via post.

2. If I get a '57 USA Ri Ash body in Nitro White Blonde already, will it need stripping right back for best finish or just prepared & used as base coat?

TIA,
John

Edited by KiOgon

I had a black Precision sprayed in Arctic Whuite Nitro, by TJC Guitars, in Stevenage, in Aug 2010. Cost was £150.

I`m selling the bass on here at the moment, so if you want to see the quality of the work, just look for Precision.

Most other places I looked at were charging £300, so even if you drive it there and pick it up, it will still be under £300.

Link for TJC: http://www.tjcguitars.com

Thanks for that Lozz, I've seen your P-pics & it looks very fine indeed + Terry is a name I've heard of thanks for reminding me & the link, seems very reasonable price, I'll get in touch with him.

Cheerz, John

I also use Terry for work on my basses - I can recommend his work 100% - however when I last spoke to him he was talking about giving up spraying...I suppose you'll find out more on Thursday..

Username "Chipfoose" seems to do good work from the stuff he's posted on this site..

Terry replied yesterday on his return from holiday as advised above, top marks for that.

All in price quoted £185 - seems reasonable.

Sims website price guide is a bit unclear (to me) but seems more expensive when you add it all together.

Cheerz, John

[quote name='KiOgon' timestamp='1319180456' post='1410790']
Terry replied yesterday on his return from holiday as advised above, top marks for that.

All in price quoted £185 - seems reasonable.

Sims website price guide is a bit unclear (to me) but seems more expensive when you add it all together.

Cheerz, John
[/quote]

I fancy a respray, does that price include stripping a poly finish?

All of this has convinced me to get Terry to do a full set up on my new/old 77 Precision. Dropping it off later today. The last time he set up a bass of mine I couldn`t believe the difference, and it played fine beforehand. He certainly knows his stuff.

[quote name='gary mac' timestamp='1319611609' post='1416266']
John, if you are taking a trip up to Terry in Stevenage, let me know if you want to meet up for a coffee and chat.
[/quote]
That's an offer I can't refuse :) cheers mate, once we start talking bass/koi/fishing someone would have to drag us apart :)

I'll certainly let yo know if I'm going up near you, no plans yet & pleased to reciprocate if you're ever down South.

ATB,
John