Why become a member? ×

Can you guess what happens next ?

thunderbird13

Joined a band 3 weeks ago - had first gig last weekend - now guess what happens ?????

Just had a phone call from the drummer saying he has to quit (for personal reasons).

Its really annoying since the drummer organised the whole band and we used his rehearsal space in his back garden so unless the guitarist ( who is the only other member with everyones contact details ) still wants to pick up the pieces it looks like that ones gone peared shaped ( again ) ..........

I dont know why I bother I really dont :)

Don't give up Al - advertise for a drummer (or lean on your ex-drummer to find a dep, playing the he-owes-you card) and keep the rest of the band together. You can rehearse without drummers (drum machine, tapes, click track) to keep the band motivated. Best of luck mate.

Bands unfortunately are never straightforward. You have to endure many many hours of musician searching, auditions, dreary boring practices which you just wish would end so you can sit down, lugging your gear about, arguments with members over what songs to play, all that kind of sh*t, just so you can enjoy that few seconds of those few gigs where the crowd is cheering you on. Hardly seems worth it sometimes.

[quote name='EdwardHimself' timestamp='1317994877' post='1397084']
Bands unfortunately are never straightforward. You have to endure many many hours of musician searching, auditions, dreary boring practices which you just wish would end so you can sit down, lugging your gear about, arguments with members over what songs to play, all that kind of sh*t, just so you can enjoy that few seconds of those few gigs where the crowd is cheering you on. Hardly seems worth it sometimes.
[/quote]

Since you put it like that its probably not worth it - shall I resign now :)