Why become a member? ×

'91 Warwick Streamer Stage I

warwickhunt

Ah Spring is in the air! The spuggies are shagging each other to death, whilst the stashies pull the pluck out of the wadding I blocked the eaves up with... and I have my blue Streamer back up for sale!

£1000 ono

What?

Oh OK £625 inc UK carriage.

Edited by warwickhunt

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='160591' date='Mar 20 2008, 12:48 AM']:)

Didn't this sell on ebay?[/quote]

It did! However, the buyer thought that he could pay with his credit card via PayPal... turns out he couldn't. The bloke was a bit belligerent and not exactly swift with communications so I went knocking on his door to discuss how we could sort out payment. Not the best approach as it happened, he spat his dummy out and refused to proceed.

[quote name='minty fresh death' post='160679' date='Mar 20 2008, 10:20 AM']Well that's bullshit, you *can* pay via creditcard on paypal...hell I have a paypal mastercard which gives you cashback for ebay purchases.

Ebay sucks :)

Good luck with the sale though man :huh:[/quote]

Supposedly he had just registered a credit card with PayPal (replacing his debit card) and this meant that he couldn't use it for PayPal purchases! PayPal is so far up its own backside that I didn't doubt him. My mistake though was turning up on his doorstep unannounced (well I was actually physically driving past his front door on the way to the In-Laws), I can appreciated people want their privacy but I also had a sale to complete... End of the day I shouldn't have turned up without an invite but he should have ensured that he could pay before bidding and that he kept communications open.

The only positives were that I got a final value fee credit and he got a strike against his name!

Back to the bass ;)

Maple with MEC PJ pups and has been cleaned, set-up and restrung (been in a gigbag under the bed since I strung it). Absolutely no issues and considering it's a 17 year old bass it's in pretty good nick. More pics available if you're interested.

Just to say that I met John and saw/heard this beatiful thru neck Warwick today.

Sound guy and a real Warwick, made when they built their reputation!

John is a great guy, have no qualms dealing with him.

Edited by GreeneKing

[quote name='GreeneKing' post='161806' date='Mar 22 2008, 02:41 PM']Just to say that I met John and saw/heard this beatiful thru neck Warwick today.

Sound guy and a real Warwick, made when they built their reputation!

John is a great guy, have no qualms dealing with him.[/quote]

Cheers Peter... and likewise a pleasure giving money to you :)

I now have a dilemma; white, black, clear or no pick-guard on the Sterling. I can feel a new thread coming on!

It was a pleasure doing business with Peter and if/when he gets around to selling off any of his other basses I can safely say that if they are as well cared for and set-up as this Sterling you're in for a treat.

[quote name='Marcus' post='162509' date='Mar 24 2008, 07:54 AM']This seems like a hell of a lot of Bass for the Money ![/quote]

Agreed!

At this price you could probably afford to sell your Bolt-On Warwick on eBay and with the proceeds buy this Neck-Thru... AND you'd probably have some change!

A No-Brainer really!

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='162510' date='Mar 24 2008, 07:58 AM']Agreed!

At this price you could probably afford to sell your Bolt-On Warwick on eBay and with the proceeds buy this Neck-Thru... AND you'd probably have some change!

A No-Brainer really![/quote]

Did you sell your Black Streamer ?

The deal...

1 x Warwick thru-neck 1991 Streamer Stage I. Colour see-thru blue, in good condition. Recentley set-up and restrung with Nickel 45-105s

1 x Warwick Gigbag

1 x New set of Warwick EMP 45-105 strings

50% of carriage costs paid for by me (so long as you aren't taking the p*ss and book a Taxi from Land's End to collect). I am happy to organise the courier.

Cost to you £600!

If you don't want the strings knock off £20 and I'll sell them on eBay... £580

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='165492' date='Mar 28 2008, 07:34 PM']Wow. Does this blue one bring you bad luck or something? This is a steal.

Incidentally; are you still planning to sell the orange one? And -if so - what sort of a price would you want for that?[/quote]

Thanks for the support on the value of the blue one :huh:

The orange one I could and would sell but I'd be loathed to put a value on it... the refinish alone set me back £350+. Then there's the preamp and cost of the initial bass!

It'll probably take a combination of a lover of Warwicks, a fan of Helloween and someone who likes orange, to make an offer that I'd accept!

Time will tell, and any way I have a 91 Dolphin Pro I to sell before the orange bass :)

Ah, fair enough.

Can't say I ever liked Helloween. I love the old racing-stripe '80s streamers, but I prefer the two-piece bridge rather than the older style ones. Yours is the only one I've seen that has both those features. Also, all the basses I've owned over the last 10 years have been either Warwicks or had an orange paintjob, but I never found an orange Warwick.

I supposed to be buying a fretless though, and I'm not how the idea of two incoming basses would sit with the missus...

Anyway good luck with the blue one. I really don't understand why it hasn't gone yet.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='160553' date='Mar 19 2008, 11:20 PM']Ah Spring is in the air! The spuggies are shagging each other to death, whilst the stashies pull the pluck out of the wadding I blocked the eaves up with... and I have my blue Streamer back up for sale!

£1000 ono

What?

Oh OK £625 inc UK carriage.[/quote]

Having just come back from Franfurt and seen what Warwick are now pumping out from their CNC sheds, this bass is not only a bargain but represents nearly the end of the line of hand made Warwick through neck basses. Also rare with the trans finish which was an option. This bass would have been £2000+ new in 1991 - it is worth the £1000 initial asking price.

Do your self a favour - if you are considering a new Warwick four string - BUY THIS instead, you will not regret it......RANT OVER.

Edited by poptart

if I had the money, and found it easy enough to sell my Fender and Ibanez bass's then I'd buy this lols :). But sadly, I don't think 'd be able to sell them quickly enough, and I don't have enough ontop of that anyway lol.

But have a bump on me

Hi guys
+1 Dont know whats going on with warwick resale values of late, this bass is fantastically made from warwicks golden age (which doesnt exist anymore IMHO), I own a transparent cherry red 1990 streamer stage 1 ( they werent even called that then) and i love it, i did think of selling it to part fund a sadowsky, but i wouldnt part with it for the daft money people are prepared to pay for them at the mo, these will become valuable in the future and a selling price on vintage warwicks will be more like a grand, trends always change.
Anyway my point this is a bargain and John just hang on to it man!!!! modern warwicks are still quite expensive despite the drop in quality( compared to the old ones :) if any buys this they will be very pleased, if i didnt already own two streamers i;d have it.
John my respects- LEE

Having just come back from Franfurt and seen what Warwick are now pumping out from their CNC sheds, this bass is not only a bargain but represents nearly the end of the line of hand made Warwick through neck basses. Also rare with the trans finish which was an option. This bass would have been £2000+ new in 1991 - it is worth the £1000 initial asking price.

Do your self a favour - if you are considering a new Warwick four string - BUY THIS instead, you will not regret it......RANT OVER.
[/quote]